What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
It's just the ketchup. No need to rub or scrub.
A thick layer of ketchup as it can be seen on the picture will do the magic trick.
Small discolorations can be polished after that. I used Nevr Dull.

Appreciate the info! By the way, i just checked Amazon and the Eagle-1 version of Nevr-Dull is about half the price of the original Basch Nevr-Dull. I looked up the difference and apparently they are the same exact thing made by the same company. The Eagle-1 version is just marketed to the auto enthusiasts. Gonna get it right now. I remember using this stuff when I was a kid in my grandfather's garage. Thanks so much for the tips!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've been back to using mine a lot lately. Getting some of the best, closest shaves with it. Will start experimenting to see what blade works best in it next.
Kit 20210120.jpg

Appreciate the info! By the way, i just checked Amazon and the Eagle-1 version of Nevr-Dull is about half the price of the original Basch Nevr-Dull. I looked up the difference and apparently they are the same exact thing made by the same company. The Eagle-1 version is just marketed to the auto enthusiasts. Gonna get it right now. I remember using this stuff when I was a kid in my grandfather's garage. Thanks so much for the tips!
Never thought about actually helping anyone with my post. I just wanted to express how happy I am with my latest purchase (copper CG) and I wanted to push this thread back on top, because for me the CG is one of the best!!!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks guys I’m getting this stuff now too.
Not sure about the ketchup though. I think being seen doing that around the house will be the last straw on having them commit me to the nut house.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I haven’t used my Everyday razor in a good while. I pulled it out just for fun, and shaved off three days of laziness. Man this is one hella smooth razor. Quite mild, but surprisingly efficient! I have so many razors I forget how awesome some of them are. This one is no exception. Got a nice smooth DFS+ with this bad boy. Whipped the Everday around my face with wreckless abandon. No drama. Excellent results.

2A85CD5C-1C42-4D34-B324-75D0EACD2835.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I haven’t used my Everyday razor in a good while. I pulled it out just for fun, and shaved off three days of laziness. Man this is one hella smooth razor. Quite mild, but surprisingly efficient! I have so many razors I forget how awesome some of them are. This one is no exception. Got a nice smooth DFS+ with this bad boy. Whipped the Everday around my face with wreckless abandon. No drama. Excellent results.

View attachment 1216471

That has also been my experience with the CG Everyday. :)

The CG lvl 2 confounds me. I use a BB SB as a daily driver. The CG lvl 2 feels mild, isn’t very efficient for me, but irritates the heck out of my skin in one shave. It doesn’t add up. I packed it away again (for the third time) and will try another day.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
The CG lvl 2 confounds me. I use a BB SB as a daily driver. The CG lvl 2 feels mild, isn’t very efficient for me, but irritates the heck out of my skin in one shave. It doesn’t add up. I packed it away again (for the third time) and will try another day.

I found, with a test I recently did, that although I could use it every day...in time my face/neck/skin would react negatively. It's just a tad too aggressive for me, unfortunately. I can use it once or twice a week without any issues, but it can't be a daily driver for me. That's just me of course. I am going to use it on days when I've gone a day or two without shaving, which happens on occassion with my schedule. It's great at leveling a buildup of stubble.

Too bad! I guess no razor suits every user. Is it copper? SS? It's unobtainable now so you could probably sell or trade it easily.

Top Bottom