What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

While I really like my everyday razor, the precision machining is not on the same level as my Karve or Tatara...there's more play in the baseplate tabs than I would like. The alignment is perfect every time with the other two when loaded with a blade....with the everyday I have to check. As far as the older designs stopped being produced.... unless Brian has other business ventures and the razors are an afterthought, I think that it's a really bad move. I was late to the game and unfortunately I missed the chance of getting his original razors but from the pictures they really stand out from the crowd.

Couldn't find a large enough bore for a razor stand for my Everyday razor. So one day, on a whim decided to look on Amazon to see if I could find something. Thought I'd give it a try. It's a brass sleeve fitting.

I think it looks okay, and it's something for now, before if/when I decide to go get custom made stand.
IMG_20200924_185659.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
After 500+ posts, this thread has kind of died down a bit. My love of the Charcoal Goods razors has not. Since today is Wolfman Wednesday, I went to grab my trusty WR2 1.15 for my morning shave. When i spied the Brass Level 3 out of the corner of my eye. It grabbed my attention pretty hard. I am typically a Monday-Wednesday-Friday shaver, and just shaved with my Brass Level 2 on Monday and had a super awesome shave. So I grabbed the Level 3, mounted it to a brass stinger, and installed the Perma Sharp I used Monday. Wowzer. What a shave! I cant use this Level 3 too often, as I have a fair beard and somewhat sensitive skin, but holly cow what a shave! The Level 3 never ceases to amaze me. This shave is so close that I probably wont have to shave again until Sunday! Enjoy the day!

2020-10-21 08.36.48.jpg

I fell in love with the (brass) Stinger handle the first time I saw one, not knowing anything about the razor. Eventually I just bought one on BST with the idea that someday I might find a head. And Lo, in about a month a level 2 brass showed up and I managed to snag it. (Man, you have to be fast around here.) Having finally assembled a complete razor I was absolutely *delighted* with how good it is. A superbly functional work of art, IMO.

129C5EC2-AF21-4C51-8C15-44E829851413.jpeg

I fell in love with the (brass) Stinger handle the first time I saw one, not knowing anything about the razor. Eventually I just bought one on BST with the idea that someday I might find a head. And Lo, in about a month a level 2 brass showed up and I managed to snag it. (Man, you have to be fast around here.) Having finally assembled a complete razor I was absolutely *delighted* with how good it is. A superbly functional work of art, IMO.

View attachment 1174133
Beautiful stuff! Is that a Bob Quinn Elite Razor brush? It's gorgeous.

Pulled out my lvl2 copper today for the first time in weeks. As gorgeous as ever, and a fantastic, smooth shave. Did Brian ever make a lvl 3 in copper? Would like to try it. I see the "ready to ship" page is empty now.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I see the "ready to ship" page is empty now.

Brain said that everything is in storage while they build out the new shop. So the good news is that it looks like they are going to have a shop, and not go to a full outsourcing model as was indicated as a potential option in one of Brian’s blog posts. The bad news is that we won’t see any new charcoal goods products until spring 2021.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I've only been using Charcoal Goods razors for about a year. They are truly excellent shavers and works of art. I have somehow accumulated a bunch in a short time. RAD will get you if you dont keep it in check. 😃

Left to right: SS Level 3 Vertigo, Brass Everyday Magnum, SS Level 2 Bishop (my first CG), Brass Level 3 baseplate on a Copper Bishop (currently with a New LC top cap. I'm short one cap), Brass Level 2 Stinger. Handles: Brass Mk II Torpedo, Copper Hammered, Copper Magnum, Brass Maze.

20201030_100621.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Absolutely stunning! Thanks for the pictures! I love my CG SS SB LvL2...one of my best shavers.

Top Bottom