What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
More than Wolfman handles, not from what I've bought and seen.
There are a couple of tibam handles on the bay right now for $230. I paid $150 for my Wolfman WRH7. I've seen these tibam handles around before but didnt really look at the price until this morning. Sorry if I was misinformed.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Tibam has a few models that are real eye-openers for sure. Talented!

There are a couple of tibam handles on the bay right now for $230. I paid $150 for my Wolfman WRH7. I've seen these tibam handles around before but didnt really look at the price until this morning. Sorry if I was misinformed.
Those are the Damascus Titanium handles that are listed at that price. Damascus isn't a cheap material to buy. Much different from the regular Ti handles he makes and sells which I think he uses a grade 5 Titanium for his regular handles. Take a look sometime for Damascus knifes for sale as opposed to SS or regular titanium.

As an owner of the CG SS LvL2, I can tell you that just buying another handle doesn't always work for the Charcoal Goods head. It has a curvature near the thread post...so...if the top of the aftermarket handle is wide, it may or may not fit into that curvature and seat flush against the head.
This is what I was talking about exactly.

I think Tibam does make some very high dollar $$$ Damascus or some kind of very expensive handle, not what we were talking about I believe. If I'm not mistaken those are kind of a blue or dark tint very pretty if you had that kind of setup I guess. I'm really not sure what kind of razor they would mate to as far as finish color but very nice.
I've seen the regular polished titanium Tibam go for $35-60

This Tibam handle fits both the older style CG baseplates as well the new Everyday razor. The Everyday razor has a recessed handle hole and this handle perfectly fits into the hole... but I agree that this is something to keep in mind when using 3rd party handles on any CG head.

2020-09-09 11.42.36.jpg

Hey Gents. Wanted to share my opinion on the GC Everyday. I had back to back shaves 9/17& 9/18 with the CG Everyday and to my surprise it brought much Shaving joy And confirmed that this razor is that good! Well the CG Everyday razor exceeded my expectations and it is stunningly smooth while it maintains the perfect blend of effectiveness for an Everyday shaver. I tried it out on 48 hrs of growth and it worked out flawlessly. It felt like it had less blade feel in comparison to my CG’s Level 2’s but just as effective. I am thinking it might have a neutral blade exposure vs positive in CG LvL2.
52EF0476-B116-4483-88F4-0228750CDD0E.jpeg

Happy Shaves Gents!

Hey Gents. Wanted to share my opinion on the GC Everyday. I had back to back shaves 9/17& 9/18 with the CG Everyday and to my surprise it brought much Shaving joy And confirmed that this razor is that good! Well the CG Everyday razor exceeded my expectations and it is stunningly smooth while it maintains the perfect blend of effectiveness for an Everyday shaver. I tried it out on 48 hrs of growth and it worked out flawlessly. It felt like it had less blade feel in comparison to my CG’s Level 2’s but just as effective. I am thinking it might have a neutral blade exposure vs positive in CG LvL2.
View attachment 1157873
Happy Shaves Gents!
It exceeded my expectations as well. Brian did mention on IG that the Everyday has neutral blade exposure.

It exceeded my expectations as well. Brian did mention on IG that the Everyday has neutral blade exposure.
Thanks for confirming that Rob! The CG Everyday is a winner on all accounts, now let me go put some renaissance wax on it. Only thing I wish he had done to the Everyday razor is put his Charcoal Goods logo on the bottom of the baseplate. Hopefully he releases the Everyday in Copper!!

Thanks for confirming that Rob! The CG Everyday is a winner on all accounts, now let me go put some renaissance wax on it. Only thing I wish he had done to the Everyday razor is put his Charcoal Goods logo on the bottom of the baseplate. Hopefully he releases the Everyday in Copper!!
That would be amazing, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a copper one. He's going to release some SS Everyday heads, but didn't say when.
I thought about buying a SS head and selling my current one, but truth be told, I'm actually really liking the patina on mine so I don't think that I'm going to sell it. If I could just find a darn Stinger handle for it! haha

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The Everyday razor has also exceeded my expectations. Its a great shaver, and puts most other mainstream razors to shame. However, I dont see it knocking my Level 2 off its roost any time soon. I still get a better and closer shave from the Level 2. But the Level 2 brings with it a risk of irritation and weepers that I dont get with the Everyday. I can whip around and not pay attention with the Everyday and get a totally acceptable DFS without any real amount of effort. I have to concentrate a bit with the Level 2 to get that excellent result. But a BBS is possible with the Level 2. I cant see it happening with the Everyday. I have a very fine stubble that grows in all sorts of directions, which make a true Cotton-Ball-Tested BBS a rare joy. End result is that both amazing razors!

Used my copper lvl 2 this morning after about a month of using my new Wolfman WR2 1.45. I enjoy the Wolf so much I was considering selling everything else. But this morning confirms that this razor won't be going anywhere anytime soon. It really is fantastic in smoothness, efficiency, not to mention beauty. It could be that all CG razors will soon be unobtanium.

That would be amazing, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a copper one. He's going to release some SS Everyday heads, but didn't say when.
I thought about buying a SS head and selling my current one, but truth be told, I'm actually really liking the patina on mine so I don't think that I'm going to sell it. If I could just find a darn Stinger handle for it! haha

Speaking of copper every day razor heads, if you are keen on one or two for yourself please post your interest in the thread that I have just started for that purpose...

I really liked the CG level 1 and 2 and the original designs were amazing!! But this new look of his looks boring and cheap. I absolutely loved the Stinger handle! So it’s very disappointing to see what CG is resorting to. Wolfman and Charcoal Goods were always my 2 favourite razors out there for looks and shave, but I really wouldn’t entertain buying this new razor. What happened? Why the product/design downgrade?

I really liked the CG level 1 and 2 and the original designs were amazing!! But this new look of his looks boring and cheap. I absolutely loved the Stinger handle! So it’s very disappointing to see what CG is resorting to. Wolfman and Charcoal Goods were always my 2 favourite razors out there for looks and shave, but I really wouldn’t entertain buying this new razor. What happened? Why the product/design downgrade?
Respectfully, you can’t knock it IF you haven’t tried it. I thought the same like you before I tried the CG Everyday and then I had an Eureka moment. The CG Everyday Quality is as good as my Gen 2 & Gen 1. THE Fit & Finish looks much better in person, and the top cap look is amazing; Also it has better lather channels and better thicker straight bar. On the contrary, I don’t believe this as a downgrade, except it doesn’t have the CG logo on the baseplate. (Also I think it’s a REALLY Bad Business decision by Brian to take the Lvl1,2,3 & CG unique handle designs out of the CG lineup) To me this design is more minimalistic and it reminds me alot of Paradigm, and I appreciate minimalism. You can also pair the the CG Everyday with any Charcoal Goods handle of your choice including the Stinger handle. This Razor from my experience is anything but boring and it Successfully accomplishes what it was designed for —being an “Everyday” Razor. The Everyday Razor unapologetically mows down wiskers VERY effectively and leaves my skin with ZERO weepers and NO irritation to speak of. We are all entitled to our opinions, but I am surely enjoying my CG Everyday razor as much as my Wolfman Wr2. YMMV. That’s the beauty of wet shaving is trying out the hardware and software and see what works for you. What works for me may not work for you, but Aesthetically it’s a beautiful razor no doubt. Happy Shaves Gents!

Last edited:
Respectfully, you can’t knock it IF you haven’t tried it. I thought the same like you before I tried the CG Everyday and then I had an Eureka moment. The CG Everyday Quality is as good as my Gen 2 & Gen 1. THE Fit & Finish looks much better in person, and the top cap look is amazing; Also it has better lather channels and better thicker straight bar. On the contrary, I don’t believe this as a downgrade, except it doesn’t have the CG logo on the baseplate. (Also I think it’s a REALLY Bad Business decision by Brian to take the Lvl1,2,3 & CG unique handle designs out of the CG lineup) To me this design is more minimalistic and it reminds me alot of Paradigm, and I appreciate minimalism. You can also pair the the CG Everyday with any Charcoal Goods handle of your choice including the Stinger handle. This Razor from my experience is anything but boring and it Successfully accomplishes what it was designed for —being an “Everyday” Razor. The Everyday Razor unapologetically mows down wiskers VERY effectively and leaves my skin with ZERO weepers and NO irritation to speak of. We are all entitled to our opinions, but I am surely enjoying my CG Everyday razor as much as my Wolfman Wr2. YMMV. That’s the beauty of wet shaving is trying out the hardware and software and see what works for you. What works for me may not work for you, but Aesthetically it’s a beautiful razor no doubt. Happy Shaves Gents!

I don’t doubt it shaves great as that’s been my experience with CG razors but the baseplate tabs are absolutely a dealer breaker for me personally. I hated that blade tab design on the Guerrilla and others I’ve tried with that design, especially if it’s a daily razor. I really liked CG, their original razors were amazing! In every way! It’s just disappointing seeing where the company is going with its designs and offerings especially giving what they used to offer. As a past customer of his who made many different orders, He’s lost what made his company stand out imo. I’m glad you enjoy it and I like Brain, he’s a solid gent, hopefully this new direction works out for him but I’m not a buyer with this current offerings. If he offers nicer handle options and gets rid on the baseplate tabs I may change my mind on it. I hope this works out for him, it’s just disappointing seeing a company that produced some of the nicest looking and unique razors make such a move.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I agree the new handle is meh. But I ordered my Everyday razor with a Maze handle, and I found using it with a Magnum handle to be a good fit. The heavy handle suits this razor well for me.

Not sure what you are talking about when you say baseplate tabs. The blade tabs are sticking out from the baseplate a wee bit, but they are covered up by the top cap. Is it the squared blade alignment bumps on top of the baseplate?

I am also a little bummed that the CG company may be moving in a direction where they might not be producing razors that are a work of art, so to speak ... and possibly moving to one plain handle and one head design. However upon hearing this news I stocked up on CG handles, and got a couple additional heads to tide me over. Maybe CG is looking towards a more sustainable business model. I wish them luck regardless.

Top Bottom