What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

I asked brian and he said that as there wasnt enough demand on copper razors he is focusing on stainless steel and brass for now but maybe next year in spring he may make a limited edition in copper.

Reactions: DSR
3 days growth, wizamet blade no problem

I own several razors, none feels like ss lv2
This feels like it was made out of a solid block of high end steel, it is finished so unique, I not sure if you can scratch it , just flawless
I knew nothing about CG, until I stumbled on this thread[emoji3],,
My shave was amazing

Few negatives ,

Razor so efficient and smooth, was hard to stop it
BBS

I need more of these razors[emoji41]
Cheers and blessings

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
If anyone has the CG Level 2 SS and an RR Mamba, could you post a picture of them side by side? I'd like to get an idea of the head profile on the CG Level 2. Thanks in advance for your effort!

3 days growth, wizamet blade no problem

I own several razors, none feels like ss lv2
This feels like it was made out of a solid block of high end steel, it is finished so unique, I not sure if you can scratch it , just flawless
I knew nothing about CG, until I stumbled on this thread[emoji3],,
My shave was amazing

Few negatives ,

Razor so efficient and smooth, was hard to stop it
BBS

I need more of these razors[emoji41]
Cheers and blessings
That's exactly my feeling about Charcaol Goods razors. I remember when I got my level-2 how amazed I was at the quality and workmanship of the razor. Unfortunately for me the Level-2 was a bit too aggressive around my chin and neck area. I could never get a fully clean, comfortable shave out of it. So regretably I ended up selling it.
If Brian was still manufacturing the Level-1 I'd bought one in a heartbeat no questions asked......

Unfortunately for me the Level-2 was a bit too aggressive around my chin and neck area. I could never get a fully clean, comfortable shave out of it. So regretably I ended up selling it.
If Brian was still manufacturing the Level-1 I'd bought one in a heartbeat no questions asked......

Did you get the Everyday razor in the end? Supposedly an upgrade to the level 1. I have the level 1 (gen 2) in SS and brass/copper (gen 1) and all 3 have more blade exposure than I anticipated. The new SS design is smoother than the first generation for sure. Noticeably ATG. SS is a touch more aggressive than the other metals. A new level 1 in copper would be great.

Did you get the Everyday razor in the end? Supposedly an upgrade to the level 1. I have the level 1 (gen 2) in SS and brass/copper (gen 1) and all 3 have more blade exposure than I anticipated. The new SS design is smoother than the first generation for sure. Noticeably ATG. SS is a touch more aggressive than the other metals. A new level 1 in copper would be great.
Unfortunately I did not. Sold out quick. I had exchanged emails with Brian about the Everyday razor and he mentioned that. I'll end up buying one when they become available again. BUT if I run across a Level-1 for sale I may consider buying it also

Just got an email from Brian and here is some of what he said.....

right now there are no leads for a commercial space for my business, so the plan will be to move any remaining equipment into storage around october. Hopefully I'll locate something by February, but Charcoal will probably go dark for about 5 months. just no way around that. the new house is so small there isn't even room for a home office!

I've already sold my prized CNC lathe (machine that makes the handles)

I'll probably do a liquidation sale of the remaining brass/copper handles in september. I'm hoping to machine more of the everyday razor heads in stainless, but I won't have stainless handles for them. no lathe to make them. Things are changing very quickly so if you ask me again a week from now plans will have changed again.

Just got an email from Brian and here is some of what he said.....

right now there are no leads for a commercial space for my business, so the plan will be to move any remaining equipment into storage around october. Hopefully I'll locate something by February, but Charcoal will probably go dark for about 5 months. just no way around that. the new house is so small there isn't even room for a home office!

I've already sold my prized CNC lathe (machine that makes the handles)

I'll probably do a liquidation sale of the remaining brass/copper handles in september. I'm hoping to machine more of the everyday razor heads in stainless, but I won't have stainless handles for them. no lathe to make them. Things are changing very quickly so if you ask me again a week from now plans will have changed again.
That's kind of a sad story! I really like his handles and there are still a couple that I don't have and would like to own.

JCarr

Level 2 SS arrived today. I put it on a Charcoal Goods brass Vertigo handle I had bought...I like longer handles. WIll give it a spin tomorrow morning. Definitely seeing, just by looking at it, that it will be more aggressive than my Timeless SS .68. I put a new Derby Usta in it...probably the worst blade in my rotation even though I find them sufficiently sharp and smooth.

Level 2 SS arrived today. I put it on a Charcoal Goods brass Vertigo handle I had bought...I like longer handles. WIll give it a spin tomorrow morning. Definitely seeing, just by looking at it, that it will be more aggressive than my Timeless SS .68. I put a new Derby Usta in it...probably the worst blade in my rotation even though I find them sufficiently sharp and smooth.
Congrats on your level 2! Would love to hear your impressions on your shave. The only Derby I have ever tried are Derby Premiums, would like to try the Usta and Extra one day myself.

JCarr

Congrats on your level 2! Would love to hear your impressions on your shave. The only Derby I have ever tried are Derby Premiums, would like to try the Usta and Extra one day myself.

Will definitely be the razor I shave with tomorrow. Whatever I post in the:
What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)
thread, I will also post here.

Fit and finish is excellent. Beautiful razor. One of the things I like about it the most is the head configuration...not bulky. Shame I won't be using the hollow handle that comes with it...it's actually quite nice. But I will at least be using a CG handle with it. Will let everyone know. Have a slight bit of trepidation that it may be too aggressive for me. Perhaps not.

Top Bottom