What's new

Charcoal Goods beat everything in my den

Hammered and maze are my two favorites. Perfectly balanced with this razor head to me. Next favorite is Bishop - a little longer but not too heavy or big in diameter still.

I tried a Voskhod in my lvl 2 for the first time. Excellent results. Nice and smooth. Close shave. Much less irritation. Gonna keep it in there for a few more shaves and see how it goes.

I used a Voskhod in my Level 2 last night on two days’ growth and it was great! My best shave so far with the L2. Although I got a bit careless at one point and it bit my chin. And, while my face was super-smooth last night, I have more regrowth today than with some other blades and other razors. But I’m really happy to find this combination as the CG is my favorite razor.

I bought a 100-pack from ebay based on this shave. I’m hoping they work consistently well with the L2.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Had an awesome shave this morning. Changed two things. First, I used a new Sputnik blade which was highly recommended in this razor. Second, I used a massively steep angle, which I never do. This was recommended by @Hannah's Dad, so i gave it a try. I am usually somewhere between a shallow and neutral angle shaver. I dont think I have ever shaved with this steep of an angle... ever. The shave was smooth as silk, and super close. DFS+ without any effort, zero irritation, zero drama. I am completely blown away.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Had an awesome shave this morning. Changed two things. First, I used a new Sputnik blade which was highly recommended in this razor. Second, I used a massively steep angle, which I never do. This was recommended by @Hannah's Dad, so i gave it a try. I am usually somewhere between a shallow and neutral angle shaver. I dont think I have ever shaved with this steep of an angle... ever. The shave was smooth as silk, and super close. DFS+ without any effort, zero irritation, zero drama. I am completely blown away.
Awesome, Brad!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Good job! :)

The SASA Group is calling to you. ;)

"Go Steep or Go Home" is my mantra (except with my Techs, of course - then it's "Shallow is Mellow"). ;)

I am usually somewhere between a shallow and neutral angle shaver. I dont think I have ever shaved with this steep of an angle... ever.

Good that you figured it out. Personally I can't get comfortable shave going steep with my CG, maybe I need to try a higher level plate. Or would it be smoother with a gen 2 razor?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Good that you figured it out. Personally I can't get comfortable shave going steep with my CG, maybe I need to try a higher level plate. Or would it be smoother with a gen 2 razor?
My only experience with CG Gen 1 vs. CG Gen 2 is a Brass Gen 1 Level 3 plate vs. a Stainless Gen 2 Level 3 plate. The Gen 2, in my opinion, is smoother.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I ordered a copper stinger and copper hammered plus two brass hammered for my NEW OC and Deluxe
I threw a stinger in my cart, then took it out. Very cool design, but not sure I dig the dimensions. As it is I am questioning the balance of the torpedo I ordered. We will see when it gets here.

I don't like the torpedo. I have one that came with the razor but it's too long for my tastes at 4" I prefer 3.25 but 3 to 3.5 is usually good.

I just ordered a brass Magnum handle to go with my regular brass Hammered handle. Because I'm weak, and that's what weak people do.

Top Bottom