What's new

Charcoal Goods are now available to ship in copper

Although lvl 2 only... closed comb

Too shiny for me

05df0d6b-98c5-4b28-a865-0cc122534541.jpg

This is the new shot peened finish. Brighter finish and it hardens the copper. Love mine, looks good and shave great. This version 2 baseplate is slightly smoother than the previous version. There is also 2 top plates one with the trademark groove and a polished one. From his E-mail today

“The entire production run has been shot-peened. This process blasts the copper with stainless steel pellets. This hardens the surface of the copper to make it more durable and brightens the finish at the same time.”

I bought the bishop variant in copper yesterday. Was waiting for the Vertigo in copper to be made, but was disappointed that it was not included in this batch. I hope that the new shot peened finish matches my copper head that I bought last Spring.

I know that the way I treat my stuff will cure that problem.

+1

Also noticed a general update from Brian
  • Production goal for the remainder of 2019 will be to keep the Closed Comb Level 2 (mid aggressive) baseplate and a matching top cap in stock at all times with a special focus on Stainless Steel production.
  • Level 3 Closed Comb (very aggressive) plates will be machined as time permits.
  • Open Comb and Dual Comb baseplates are officially discontinued. I hope to bring them back in the future if the machine shop can be expanded
  • Production of all Level 1 (mild) baseplates has ceased due to lack of interest. These will be offered again in the future based on demand.
  • Production of razor stands has been discontinued until a 'cheaper' stand can be designed and machined.
So basically it's pretty much all solid bar lvl 2 going forward...

Top Bottom