What's new

Changes in shaving habits during the winter?

Question to anyone out there with an opinion…

Do you change your shaving habits in the winter?

Less frequent, different aggressiveness, different soap bases, etc…

I find that I shave with milder razors (like a Henson ++ or +++) much more in the winter where I’m pushing it for BBS spring and summer.

I also change my soap bases a bit, I move to Ethos Tibu Sabuni and GD duck fat bases much more than I do in the summer. I still use a lot of B&M Omnibus too.

I also am more likely to be satisfied with a 2 pass shave that is DFS.

Post shave, I have something custom from Ethos that does get me through any season fantastic, so no changes there except maybe splash or alum as I feel like for the day.

Just thoughts because as soon as it got cold here, my expectation for a close shave dropped a lot and I don’t remember it being quite this way before. My skin is also telling me… go real easy or else.

Anyone else change their ritual this time of year a lot?

Hi,

I change nothing by season.

I sometimes change razors for B&B events. Like Open Comb October where I use a 7 day set of OC razors. I change blades on the 1st and the 16th every month, but sometimes keep one in for all of February. That's another B&B event.

Stan

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
I don't change anything. Every now and then I use a moisturizer after I apply aftershave splash during the colder months, but that's about it.

Maybe I’m in the minority here but….

I am constantly changing things up. For me, it's a big part of the fun of wet shaving. Woody, spicy, earthy and warm lather are all winter things. Sometimes I go to my more summer supplies. It's all about the mood I'm in at the time.
I don't understand why someone would restrict themselves to just a few shave supplies.

Less things to feel tempted to eat?
OK, that’s an interesting spin on things. Shaving supplies make you hungry?

Maybe you’re referring to scents that reminds us of food items. marzipan, black cherry and gingerbread just to name a few. I did miss breakfast this morning. Now I’m starting to get hungry. :)

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Question to anyone out there with an opinion…

Do you change your shaving habits in the winter?

Less frequent, different aggressiveness, different soap bases, etc…

I find that I shave with milder razors (like a Henson ++ or +++) much more in the winter where I’m pushing it for BBS spring and summer.

I also change my soap bases a bit, I move to Ethos Tibu Sabuni and GD duck fat bases much more than I do in the summer. I still use a lot of B&M Omnibus too.

I also am more likely to be satisfied with a 2 pass shave that is DFS.

Post shave, I have something custom from Ethos that does get me through any season fantastic, so no changes there except maybe splash or alum as I feel like for the day.

Just thoughts because as soon as it got cold here, my expectation for a close shave dropped a lot and I don’t remember it being quite this way before. My skin is also telling me… go real easy or else.

Anyone else change their ritual this time of year a lot?
Same all year.

I use canned goo during the warmer months and the fancier stuff like soaps and creams during the dry cold winter to keep my face more hydrated then. My razor does not change.

I used to think to myself (with each soap purchase) "This will be great in winter/summer" and use it once and go back to my regular favorites.

Thankfully, I now only buy what I know/need. Took a long time to get there, though.

Top Bottom