What's new

Chance to buy a black beauty

Sounds like they made more than one design, mine was the complete opposite as yours.

They only made the one design that I'm aware of. I thought the same when I bought my first also, but after I cleaned it well, I found that I was wrong. Maybe that's why you weren't happy with yours.

proxy.php

proxy.php

figured it out :)

Had my first shave with my black beauty today. Waited for 3 days of growth. Decided to use Taylor of Old Bond Jermyn St. and my Omega Professional. Watching some videos on youtube, most people shaved with it on 4. I come from using a 34C, so I do like a more aggressive shave. I had been using the 34C for about a year, so finding the angle on the Gillette was a bit tricky. Instead of messing with the adjustment, I left it on 4 and finished up. At first I wasn't sure if I was getting a close shave, but an hour or so after my shave, its definitley as smooth as I can get on my Merkur. The only thing I didn't like was having to fish for a good angle. I think next time I will try shaving on a higher setting. 8 seems to match the 34C in terms of blade angle. Overall, it shaved great during my 2 pass shave and I'm extremely happy with it. My next purchase I'm hoping to make is a Fat Boy.

Have about a half dozen Fat Boys and countless Slims. Only 2 BB short handles. My favourite Gillette Adjustable is without question the Short Handle BB. I really donate know why, for me handles and shaves better.

Have about a half dozen Fat Boys and countless Slims. Only 2 BB short handles. My favourite Gillette Adjustable is without question the Short Handle BB. I really donate know why, for me handles and shaves better.
Thanks for the reply! What got me interested in the Fat Boy was how it looked comparable to my 34C in terms of size.. Not sure about weight.. But we will see.

@santamariasteve and t'others...
I've gotten a little confused here with the BB and the Slim....and I'm not trying to hijack the thread just don't want to open a new one..
I've just gotten a Slim from one of our fine members and want to take good care of it.

It does do the last 1/4 turn properly but I need to hold the razor head to do it. Should the last 1/4 be an easy or firm turn?
Second.. when it is locked, I presume you cannot move the adjuster. I can't.
Third... the adjuster moves more easily when the doors are open rather than closed but not locked.
Is all this normal?
Thanks.

And Lastly... that is a beautiful Black Beauty.. congrats...

R

romsitsa

The last quarter turn is firm, but not that firm, also it should adjust when its locked, so I think your Slim is clogged.
Some soaking in hot water and dish detergent should loosen it.
The adjuster turning more easy when head is open is normal.

Adam

@santamariasteve and t'others...
I've gotten a little confused here with the BB and the Slim....and I'm not trying to hijack the thread just don't want to open a new one..
I've just gotten a Slim from one of our fine members and want to take good care of it.

It does do the last 1/4 turn properly but I need to hold the razor head to do it. Should the last 1/4 be an easy or firm turn?
Second.. when it is locked, I presume you cannot move the adjuster. I can't.
Third... the adjuster moves more easily when the doors are open rather than closed but not locked.
Is all this normal?
Thanks.

And Lastly... that is a beautiful Black Beauty.. congrats...

Sounds like it needs the hot water dish soap soak, or an ultrasonic bath. Closing the 1/4 turn is a little firm, not hard. Adjuster should move anytime. Probably gummed up. Good luck.

Firm-ish. On my 109 I find in use that 1/4 turn tends to tighten up such that after a week or so I have to give it a thorough soak. This works but I suspect it needs taking apart and cleaning up properly.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
The last quarter turn is firm, but not that firm, also it should adjust when its locked, so I think your Slim is clogged.
Some soaking in hot water and dish detergent should loosen it.
The adjuster turning more easy when head is open is normal.

Adam
This!

Locking it down with the last 1/4 turn should be fairly easy, like a 4 year old can do it, and the adjuster should readily turn when the razor is locked.

Your slim is gunked up inside. Very common. Most people don't maintain their razors and don't care. Cleaning your razor is fairly easy, per the emails above. No big problem. It gives you something to do, and will leave you with a feeling of accomplishment.

Top Bottom