What's new

Chance of DE Razor in antique shop.

I've had great success myself. I scored a minty 1959 Fat Boy in the case with original blades as well as several brush handles and a vintage Old Spice shave mug. And, I have found many, many vintage razors that I passed on mostly because they were SE razors.

But, you have to look and you have to visit many different shops sometimes.

When you find that nugget, you'll be addicted to the hunt more than the razor!

Good luck,

Frank

Chances are good, but the razors condition is another question. Search ebay too. I'm actually surprised at how much NOS (new old stock) there is out there still, even stuff as old as 60 years old. From time to time someone will stumble upon an old cache of discarded or auctioned-off government/military emergency supply kits that contained brand new never used Gillette Tech razors or similar.

Chances are good, but the razors condition is another question. Search ebay too. I'm actually surprised at how much NOS (new old stock) there is out there still, even stuff as old as 60 years old. From time to time someone will stumble upon an old cache of discarded or auctioned-off government/military emergency supply kits that contained brand new never used Gillette Tech razors or similar.

There was a NOS 66 (I think)Tech from canada and a NOS Krona but the price was to high for me. I didn't have the funds for the tech either. Not big on ebay , but I do appreciate the input.

There was a NOS 66 (I think)Tech from canada and a NOS Krona but the price was to high for me. I didn't have the funds for the tech either. Not big on ebay , but I do appreciate the input.

I know what you mean. I'm not too big on ebay myself, but have scored a few great things on there. I have no doubt that those older Gillette DE razors, even from as recent as the mid 60's will far outlast any of the modern DE razors being produced today. I'm sure antique shops often have good condition older DE razors. A good thing to check too are estate sales of older folks. The widows of older gentlemen who have passed often put things up for sale.

I've had great luck at antique shops. There's one near me that bought an estate so I've ended up with quite a few razors at a very good price. Plus, if you make friends with the shop owners they'll give you a call whenever they get something in that you would be interested in.

There's a half dozen antique/consignment shops on a stretch of road near me. In the past month I found a 1960 Fatboy with box for $3.00 and an unused (still had the paper label shaped like a razor blade attached) Gillette Travel razor.

I ask at all shops if they have any old razors after making my own initial search. At three of the six shops I was told "we had a whole bunch but somebody came in a couple of days ago and bought them all". Ahhhhhhhh!!!

Alright........which one of you did it?????

Percentage of chance to find razors in the wild.

- United States of America = 70%
- Rest of the wold (Canada Included) = 5% :-/

I have had very good luck in antique shops...usually I have the best luck in small towns, I assume less collectors go to the small towns compared to the bigger cities.
I have found at least 50 razors in antique shops

Top Bottom