What's new

Champion dethroned

For years I admired the fine shaving qualities of the Lord Platinum. It outshaved every blade I tried and earned the preferred place in my den

Not anymore. The most recent batch of Asco Red Stainless blades exceed the Plats. Smoother, sharper, not by a lot but enough to be noticeable.

A new king is crowned. Long live the king!

Congratulations!! Long live the King!! :a17::a17::a17:

ASCO are made by Lord and are available in a 5 pack (orange) and 10 pack (red).
Asco SS has 3 types of packaging. Red, Orange and. Red and orange are available in both 5 and 10 packs. The blades inside all 3 variants are the same. I probably have 500-600 of all the variations.

Lord has so many different lines of razors, it's difficult to keep track of them. Over the years I've used close to 100 of the orange Asco's and enjoyed them in a variety of razors.

This past year I've burned through the remainder of my Russian Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinums (the blue box) and Pol-Silvers, two top notch blades. On a whim, a few weeks ago, I used 2 Asco Orange blades in a couple of different razors and found them smooth and sharp They were not as sharp as the top notch Russian blades but pretty good in their own rite.

Top Bottom