What's new

Challenge! Find a good value Single Edge razor that takes DE blades!

Ok guys, hope everyone is well! I 'd like to know if you guys know of any good single edge razors that take regular snapped in half double edge razor blades. None of those specialty blades, personna GEMs or Schick injector ones.
I've seen a couple but am not really convinced (I'll list them below). Ideally it should be thin enough to be able to shave in difficult areas and shape up lines nicely. Please share your experience if you have tried any of these.

Bonus points if you tell me if there is an old school one. Closest I've found is the Gillette Ladies Curvfit, but I'm not sure if it actually take regular DE blades halves+ its curved so thats takes it out of the options.

Some of what I'v found:
-Challenger/V-ishw plastic razor sold by Gobal shave club for about $4.50. I heard there was a metal version but I can't find it.
-Yaqi Katana sold by Yaqishaving.com for $26 or just the head for $11. Nice, but still looks a little thick.
-Focus Dynamic R48 for about $60 at the superiorshave.com. An Italian made all aluminum and the head has a tension spring that pivots.
-Broman for 35 euros at bromanshaving.com. Nice , but is metal except for the head.
-Leaf razor for $79 at leafshave.com. Probable the best quality out of all of them. you can add up to 3 single edge blades, but too cumbersome for tight areas, hence why they are developing the Twig razor I believe.

I probably forgot one I already saw, but hope to hear back and I hope this list helps anyone looking for razors like these!

Ps All the shavettes I've ever seen are too wide. I found this thin shavette by Focus called Focus Slim Al. Anyone have experience with it? It be nice if they made some with the head just as wide as the halved DE blade to get in everywhere.😀

I have a Chinese 'strong leopard 74-A' shavette that takes a full DE blade. It has a big head though and don't think that is what you are looking for. Another vote for the Razorock Eco for a non shavette razor.

I have a Chinese 'strong leopard 74-A' shavette that takes a full DE blade. It has a big head though and don't think that is what you are looking for. Another vote for the Razorock Eco for a non shavette razor.
Thanks for sharing! I saw the RazoRock Switch, but I think the new upgraded Razorine looks really good for a shavette style razor. At $60 not sure though

Thanks for sharing! I saw the RazoRock Switch, but I think the new upgraded Razorine looks really good for a shavette style razor. At $60 not sure though

If you're interested in Zazor, they're available here:

You forget the focus dynamic r50 evo
Rvs improved head version of the r48

and the broman head tilts too, I prefer the Broman

and you forget the beluga razor

I'm on my third week with a Treet carbon blade in my Shake-Sharp - the honing doohicky really works!
You forget the focus dynamic r50 evo
Rvs improved head version of the r48

and the broman head tilts too, I prefer the Broman

and you forget the beluga razor
Yes I do like that (piveting) about the Broman, its just that plastic head that doesn't seems too durable.
Yup the Beluga! it looks kind of wide to get in nicely everywhere and for over $100. I don't know. I do like that it that it has a magnet at the bottom to pick up the blades.

Top Bottom