What's new

CF, TGS & Saks 5th Avenue!

Great news!

On the 8th, 9th & 10th June 2006 Saks 5th Avenue in New York City are hosting the Castle Forbes wet shaving promotion. While Judy and Andrew French of Castle Forbes will be in store to answer any queries, they are also flying me over to carry out wet shaves in store....

Unfortunatley I will only be allowed to use a Mach3 razor, but every customer will recieve a free CF shaving brush allowing me to at least shave with a shaving brush!

This will be the height of my career as a Barber so far and will allow me the chance to visit NYC at last. I'm afraid I do not know how you make an appointment for a shave during the promotion, but please come by and say hello. Sadly the rest of my team are staying here in Hungerford and Charlotte will also be unable to make the trip, but at least I have promised them a snow globe of the Statue of Liberty!

Regards, Robert

Sounds like great fun--any chance of a US wet shaving tour? I know that you'd love East Lansing in the summer!:biggrin:

Congratulations! What a splendid opportunity to visit Gotham City as it has been called. Please do be enough of a tourist to get a Grey Line or some such other bus tour of Manhattan! Do take a ferry ride too! Enjoy.

Enjoy yourself Robert.

Make sure to swing by the Metropolitan Museum of Art, take a walk through Central Park (in the daytime), go uptown to see the Cloisters Museum, take cabs instead of the subway, and if at all possible, swing by Okalahoma City on your way back home to visit the Central Oklahoma Wet-Shaving Breakfast Club (breakfast free for International Visitors) and drop off some samples! :biggrin:

Hello,

Finally I’ve found the time to report back on the Castle Forbes shaving event held in Saks on 5th Avenue, NYC!

I had never visited New York before and was very disappointed arriving on a very wet Wednesday night, I couldn’t even see the tops of any skyscrapers. Mind you checking in to the Waldorf Astoria, things were looking much better!

Having slept on the flight over me was ready for action at 3am and went for a walk around Manhattan. It was already warm and dry, steam was rising from the manhole covers and I could finally see the Chrysler building, just like a film set. I was able to use the associate’s entrance at Saks, so was on the shop floor at 9am, ready for action. The shaving event took place on the 7th floor in the fragrance department by the entrance to John Allen, the hairdressers.

The next three days were amazing! The friendliness of all the Saks associates, customers and management was overwhelming. Using a Castle Forbes Mach3 razor and the whole range of CF products in excess of 60 customers left Saks a lot smoother than they came in!

The only disappointment was the appalling lack of knowledge regarding wet shaving that most people had. One guy even admitted that he shaves in the shower with no shaving cream. Ingrown hairs were another frequent problem, hopefully helped by improved techniques and the right products. I also shave a lot of coloured gentlemen who seemed to have a very painful time shaving. Using CF lavender cream however made all the difference and they couldn’t wait to jump into the chair.

While I was “working” I had the pleasure to meet Giovanni, US importer of GFT and Simpsons. Tom Willscom, CEO of Hommage, also popped in to Saks on Saturday afternoon. He usually visits us in Hungerford and had a look of disbelief when we bumped in to each other.

New York is easily the most exciting place I have ever been; it has the “Wow” factor around every corner. I had Sunday off and went sightseeing before flying home in the evening. It was also very special to spend some time with the French’s. Andrew French is driven man, perfecting fragrances and shaving creams, but not willing to lessen his product by using inferior ingredients or production processes to speed up production.

It is very hard to keep impartiality when discussing shaving products now. Having shaved every type of face under this sun, I only use CF myself.

Regards, Robert

guenron said:
Wonderful Robert! Glad to hear that you had a good epxerience.

Hello,

I forgot to mention that Andrew and Judy bought my children a Saks snow globe, so mission accomplished!

There is a chance that there may be another event this fall, in Saks Dallas Galleria, which I hope to be invited it would be nice to meet some of you Texan's...

If it happens, I also hope to visit Charles Roberts of Enchante.

Regards, Robert

english_barber said:
Hello,

I forgot to mention that Andrew and Judy bought my children a Saks snow globe, so mission accomplished!

There is a chance that there may be another event this fall, in Saks Dallas Galleria, which I hope to be invited it would be nice to meet some of you Texan's...

Regards, Robert
Should you have the least hint of going to Saks Dallas Galleria, please advise, particularly dates. I'll troop down there (We call it Baja Oklahoma vice Texas). What a splendid opportunity to meet!

english_barber said:
Hello,

Regards, Robert

Robert,

I gotta warn you. The most beautiful women in the world are in Texas. Damn, now I'm homesick!

Randy

Top Bottom