What's new

CeraVe Cream vs Cicaplast Baume B5 for post-shave?

Friends, anyone have experience with both/either of these two moisturizers? Currently alternating between Nivea Sensitive Post-Shave balm and Neutrogena Hydro Boost, but I love having variety. CeraVe and this Cicaplast stuff are priced similarly, another rich cream is sounding good to finish out the winter months.

Attachments

• ezgif-3-270f5fbb83.jpeg
    ezgif-3-270f5fbb83.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 30
  • ezgif-3-776a39ae19.jpeg
    ezgif-3-776a39ae19.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 32
I prefer cerave, specifically the PM version. Try it.

Cicaplast is way heavier, greasier and doesn’t absorb the same way.

Cicaplast is the way to go if you need some serious healing. It’s a once in a while thing for me. And only before bed. Too much for daily use. But needless to say it’s a great product.

Cerave is amazing with a lot of healing and repairing active ingredients, without being heavy.

Neutrogena is way below cerave for my use. It’s not even close.

Cicaplast is the way to go if you need some serious healing. It’s a once in a while thing for me. And only before bed. Too much for daily use. But needless to say it’s a great product.

Cerave is amazing with a lot of healing and repairing active ingredients, without being heavy.

Awesome, thank you for sharing your experience. I bought the Neutrogena as a 2-pack from Costco so I’ll have it kicking around for a while, but I know a lot of folks use the CeraVe.
You apply the PM cream as a post-shave balm for daytime? Any difference between the PM and the normal cream?

Awesome, thank you for sharing your experience. I bought the Neutrogena as a 2-pack from Costco so I’ll have it kicking around for a while, but I know a lot of folks use the CeraVe.
You apply the PM cream as a post-shave balm for daytime? Any difference between the PM and the normal cream?
The core ingredients of these moisturizers are basically the same, there isn’t that much difference with the secondary ingredients, either. PM has Niacinamide, while the cream has Vitamin E.

If you have acne-prone skin, you will benefit more from the PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion.

I like my moisturizers on the lighter side, so the PM suits me perfectly. The cream is heavier and you’ll notice it more on your skin.

I use it as an after shave, one pump mixed with a few drops of some splash. Usually Pinaud, Proraso or floid.

I apply it after shower too. Usually it’s shave, shower, lotion+splash and 20min later 50fps. (Morning time)

Before bed it’s cerave facial cleanser during shower and one or 2 pumps of the lotion after it.

And always, always, apply your lotion with damp to slightly wet skin. Not dripping wet, but not towel dried.

Believe me, it makes a HUGE difference.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’ve used the CeraVe in your attached photo and the Walmart/Equate version and it’s both very nice and very little is actually needed (just a pea-sized bit and a few drops of water is plenty after washing one’s face).

apply your lotion with damp to slightly wet skin
Interesting, I presume this allows the moisturizer to “trap” more water and hydrate better? I’ll try this approach, normally after shaving, alum, rinsing I fully dry with towel and then apply balm.
Fortunately I do not suffer from acne, so I’m wondering if the CeraVe cream is more my direction—I have yet to try a moisturizer that feels too heavy.

Interesting, I presume this allows the moisturizer to “trap” more water and hydrate better? I’ll try this approach, normally after shaving, alum, rinsing I fully dry with towel and then apply balm.
Fortunately I do not suffer from acne, so I’m wondering if the CeraVe cream is more my direction—I have yet to try a moisturizer that feels too heavy.
Exactly. The product is better absorbed, you improve its effectiveness and there’s no tacky feeling this way.

Every lotion applied on my dry skin leaves a tacky film no matter what I do. So this was a game changer. Also it’s the recommended way from dermatologists.

I’d actually try both. They have the option for the small size. That way you can actually see which one feels better.

If you don’t get a heavy feeling from any moisturizer, there’s a chance you’ll like the cream.

For me, it’s the PM.

I prefer cerave, specifically the PM version. Try it.

+1

Although I have just received a Cicaplast with a 50 SPF so will be interesting if I can wear it during the day. Avene produces a similar range – Cicalfate.

Top Bottom