What's new

Ceramic shave soap tub shipping from the UK or Ireland?

I am currently looking primarily at the Mitchell Wool Fat and D.R. Harris hard soap ceramic tubs with one vendor in the UK (Connaught Shaving) and another in Ireland (Shaving IE). FWIW, I live in Texas, USA. I have not seen either of these items in person either so, all comments are welcome. I should also note that I generally liked the "Mason Cash" brand ceramics I have seen in person, but I don't think they make any shave-related products.

Do I have much to worry about regarding shipping and damages from either of these vendors with these ceramic tubs? I am picking up a few other items so, shipping from either vendor is not a financial concern in terms of cost.

The D.R. Harris tub appears to be a bit smaller than Mitchell's Wool Fat tub, so I am leaning a little bit in that direction right now. Any other ceramic tubs I should consider before I commit to a purchase? I am receptive to other options but, I want to stay under ~$30USD and prefer to avoid Chinese-sourced products unless there is a compelling reason to go there.

TIA,
Sid

Have you had a look at the Captain's Choice soap locker? You can find him in the Vendor Forum and he has links to his shop in his posts. @Captain Pre-Capsize is a wonderful Vendor here and I have had some of his pottery products sent to me in Australia and all have arrived undamaged.
Nice stuff for sure and I have looked at his Scuttles a few times. That soap locker seems more like a lather bowl to me though.

I am currently looking primarily at the Mitchell Wool Fat and D.R. Harris hard soap ceramic tubs with one vendor in the UK (Connaught Shaving) and another in Ireland (Shaving IE). FWIW, I live in Texas, USA. I have not seen either of these items in person either so, all comments are welcome. I should also note that I generally liked the "Mason Cash" brand ceramics I have seen in person, but I don't think they make any shave-related products.

Do I have much to worry about regarding shipping and damages from either of these vendors with these ceramic tubs? I am picking up a few other items so, shipping from either vendor is not a financial concern in terms of cost.

The D.R. Harris tub appears to be a bit smaller than Mitchell's Wool Fat tub, so I am leaning a little bit in that direction right now. Any other ceramic tubs I should consider before I commit to a purchase? I am receptive to other options but, I want to stay under ~$30USD and prefer to avoid Chinese-sourced products unless there is a compelling reason to go there.

TIA,
Sid

Two great choices!!
Just curious, what is the DRH ceramic soap tub that you've ordered??
Thanks!

Two great choices!!
Just curious, what is the DRH ceramic soap tub that you've ordered??
Thanks!
DRHarris_tub.png

25£ from Connaught Shaving and free shipping at 60£. These support their 100g soaps so, slightly smaller than most others.

I ended up getting my replacement MWF bowl at Bullgoose. The newsletter sign-up coupon takes $10 off the final price, dropping it down to $25 for the bowl and puck. Free shipping at $35, I think?

View attachment 1614708

25£ from Connaught Shaving and free shipping at 60£. These support their 100g soaps so, slightly smaller than most others.

That is one understated, elegant shaving soap dish. Nice…

You could also buy this dish from the US D.R. Harris shop( Clearance! Graduation Gifts D. R. Harris Ceramic Shaving Soap Bowl for Her and Him - https://www.drharrisus.shop/d-r-harris-ceramic-shaving-soap-bowl/ ), where it is currently on sale.

Still about $10 more than Connaught, but shipping would be shorter and probably faster.

Caveat: I just researched this soap dish and stumbled across the US D.R. Harris site, but I have never ordered from there.

B.

I ordered MWF in its ceramic bowl from The English Shaving Company. It showed up with a cracked ceramic bowl. It was likely in that condition before shipping as it was packed very well. I emailed photos, and they promptly shipped a replacement with another soap, which I didnt need. This time, they opened the MWF package before shipment to make sure it was good to go, and it showed up in Florida undamaged. Great customer service right there.

The English Shaving Company, the retail arm of Edwin Jagger, and Connaught Shaving have both served me extremely well over the years.

My more recent Shaving.IE purchases were similarly awesome.

There’s always dirty bird pottery
Worth a look see.

Permanently closed.

Wow! What is the one on the bottom left? That's great!

thx, sorry for late reply, i was offline for a while!
that soap and bowl is from Panta Rei, Sicilian brush/ceramics artisan.
not sure if he's still doing these, but you can google and check!

Top Bottom