What's new

Celtic Calamity!

Yet again another genre based music thread but this time it is a personal favorite. Celtic Calamity! will cover all celtic from traditional to modern celtic-punk and everything in between. This can also include covers of irish, scotish or english traditionals in a different styles. Enjoy!
$celttrad logo.gif

I'll start...

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite trad band - Dervish. This song isn't trad, but I love this cover of it.

I have too many celtic-punk cd's to even count. Even the Japanese do celtic-punk.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
No Canadian "of a certain age" can think of celtic music without thinking of the Irish Rovers ...

Here are a few friends of mine. Bellowhead are probably the most popular trad English folk band in the UK.

Gareth

I have to throw a plug out there for Kansas City's own, The Elders. Arse kickin' music from the heartland is how they describe it. I agree. Love all the trad plus the new rock style stuff. Gaelic Storm, Enter the Haggis. Great stuff. Check out this video from Browne's Irish Street Faire. The lead/percussion is Ian Byrne. He hails from Eire and the rest are us Yanks. Great music. I suggest you also check out their Men of Erin, Moore Street Girls, American Wake, and others. These guys are legit and play to crowds of fifty thousand plus at Kansas City's Irish Fest. Enjoy.

Cheers, Todd

Does Blackmore's Night count?

It does to me! I 'discovered' them through Pandora radio. Love the music. Here's one of their latest. To say the lead singer miss Night is not only quite the looker but sings like a linnet is a bit of an understatement. I think Ritchie Blackmore was a prominent member of Deep Purple back in the day. Their music has a great vibe to it.

Cheers, Todd

Dancer and the Moon

Top Bottom