What's new

Cella sample is light brown. Advice?

I just received an order in the mail and it included a sample of Cella. I opened the tub and it is a light brown color throughout.
I took a small bit out and made lather with it. It made an white, rich slick lather(felt like any other tallow based soap I felt in my hands) but the color is still throwing me off.

The scent- I'm not detecting almonds at all. It has a light sweet fruity scent. I can still smell it on my hands now, so it does linger a bit.

Is this just an old sample but is still good?

Attachments

• 20220326_160530.jpg
    20220326_160530.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20220326_160538.jpg
    20220326_160538.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
Well I said it didn't smell like almonds, I think the color is throwing me off. I went to the kitchen and smelled a small bottle of almond extract I have. Yep, a very sweet light smell.

I purchased a tub of Cella and the color of the product was light brown. I actually bought it because it came in the "old school" red and white container; I quickly realized it was also probably old stock. I used it until it was gone and without any issues. Good luck.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
As other members have mentioned, it just sounds like and older sample. It is a great soap so I would just use it up.

Reactions: bjm
Im thinking its old. Mine is in a red tub. No clear plastic or black lid. I bought mine in early 2021 and it has not turned brown.

I have a tub on order. I used up a tub about a decade ago and only remember that I thought the red tub was a bit small and narrow and I remember putting it into an old tobs container.

Anyone else not like the diameter size of cella tub?

I have a tub on order. I used up a tub about a decade ago and only remember that I thought the red tub was a bit small and narrow and I remember putting it into an old tobs container.

Anyone else not like the diameter size of cella tub?
The tub size is traditional, from back when smaller brushes were the norm. It works OK with smaller brushes for travel. I usually move my soap to a larger container such as the Colt PETG containers from Maggards, which are ~90mm in diameter.

1649211284072.png

Top Bottom