What's new

Cella Kilo Arrived

Love my Cella --- especially face lathered with my Semogue 610. Life is good.
$IMG_1803.jpg

It's very puzzling how little love Cella gets on the Forums. For me it's up there with the very best.
I agree. Cella is a great soap. At first I was put off by the cherry smell, but I love the stuff. Especially after a long weekend when I haven't shaved in three or four days. No irritation, dryness or razor burn from Cella. My wife bought me the little red tub for my birthday last year. She said, "If it smells too sweet for you, I can use it to shave my legs." I tried it once and said, "Nah, *****. Get your own." I just purchased the kilo block as the little red tub is getting low. I like the old school soaps like Williams and Arko too, but Cella is the best for me. I've tried other Italian soaps--Proraso red and green. They ghost my brushes with their smell. The red doesn't smell too bad, but your brush will smell like it for months. The green smells like pine tree car air fresheners and Noxzema to me and it leaves my neck feeling raw and gives me razor burn. If I had to choose one shaving soap to use for the rest of my life, it would be Cella.

Well, I know many folks really like the hobby and variety of soaps and gear. I can understand that. But ultimately for me I just want a really good shave with no irritation that I can reproduce. So, sticking with one product that works well has been good for me. Usually when I get a new soap, I use it daily until gone. I have enjoyed the "fat", Stirling soaps, Catie's bubbles, Tabac, and a few others. But, it always bothers me when I get to the end of the container. I'm never quite sure what to do with the small amount left, and mucking around with it is always a hassle. So, simpleton that I am, the thought of the brick is great. When I get low in the tin, just cut off and add some more. I like that. And, Cella performs so well for me. Of all the soaps I have, I think I get the most reliable slickness from it, which is the quality I value the most in my shave. So, I am quite pleased I went back to Cella, and have my first brick of the stuff. It might be my imagination, but it seems to perform slightly better than the red tub.
Second brick of Cella for me.I like the way Arko shaves,but Arko cannot compete with Cella for post shave feel,or for that matter comfort long term, daily bbs shaves .

Top Bottom