What's new

Cella in a twist-up stick container?

Will Cella work in a twist-up shaving stick container that West Coast Shaving sells for $1.75? I haven't seen one of these containers, so I don't know exactly how it works. But I recently acquired a block of Cella and am wondering if one of these containers would work with some of Cella for making part of a travel kit.

Any issues with this idea, that you can tell me about before I buy one of these tubes (plus shipping costs)? Or should it work okay as I'm hoping?

Thanks,
Dale

I don't think it will work because it's to soft but for that price what the heck give it a go. I usually use a baby spoon to scoop a small portion of cella out of it's container and into my bowl. Give it a go and report back.

Thanks, Brian, for your suggestion. I'm hoping to also get comments from someone who is not only familiar with Cella, but who's also familiar with the particular twist-up tube. Shipping will cost me more than the item...not a great sum, but I'd hope to avoid that if there are reasons it won't work.

Dale

I've used the tube for arko sticks, works great for them also for Williams that I've milled down. Hard and semi hard soaps are your best option for the tube.

P

Pjotr

I can't recall who but I know there's at least one cella lover who's done just that. Regardless, I can't see why it wouldn't work in a twisty.

Thanks, Pjotr. With all the Cella fans here, hopefully someone has tried this, and will jump in with their results. I'll patiently wait! Alternatively, it just occured to me that WCS sells both products, so if I give them a call they may be able to confirm.

Dale

You can do it for zero cost,works fine.
proxy.php

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Demcav, PM me your address. I'll send you one; I got several and only use one. It will hold about 2.5oz, I think. Just turn it the whole way down, then use a spoon to mash it into the tube. I use about 1 gram per shave, you may use more.

Demcav, PM me your address. I'll send you one; I got several and only use one. It will hold about 2.5oz, I think. Just turn it the whole way down, then use a spoon to mash it into the tube. I use about 1 gram per shave, you may use more.

Once again, the generosity of a B&B member shines through, thumbs up to you captp! Many people would have held onto that stick thinking "I might need/want that at some stage in the future" but captp has selflessly donated his to another member to enjoy. Thanks on behalf of all PIF recipients to a true gentleman!

Once again, the generosity of a B&B member shines through, thumbs up to you captp! Many people would have held onto that stick thinking "I might need/want that at some stage in the future" but captp has selflessly donated his to another member to enjoy. Thanks on behalf of all PIF recipients to a true gentleman!

A gentleman among gentleman

I m a Cella fan+ a stick fan....I tried it in a "twisty" and in a push up style (brut desodor tube)
None of them worked,,,,Cella is to soft IMHO

Tam

I put some in a Mama Bear's twist-up tube a few days ago. It works beautifully, in fact well enough that I may not bowl lather it any longer. It seemed I used a lot less product.

Top Bottom