What's new

Cella Green 1000ml brick ?

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the Cella Green soap being available in the 1000ml brick ? The Red of course is available in that large size. The Green has been on the market for a couple of years, so maybe it's early days.

Only when it is very fresh is Cella Bio soft. After a few months of storage in the original container, it has hardened and now has the same consistency as Cella Brick tallow.

I don't think that Cella Bio will be sold in brick 1000 ml, but I really want it to appear in this quantity and be as cheap as Cella Red. In Romania I recently bought Cella red 1000 ml for only $ 16!

Last edited:
Only when it is very fresh is Cella Bio soft. After a few months of storage in the original container, it has hardened and now has the same consistency as Cella Brick tallow.

Same here. Mine has hardened quite a bit since I bought it last year. Still works fine, because I have the tub.

Folks who purchased the tube report difficulty in squeezing out the product.

Regarding the format, I don’t think they will launch a “green brick”. The brick is intended for barber use as dictated by Italian tradition. Business-wise Cella is likely better off selling the smaller containers.

Yes, softer. And the sole one I've been using since moving to tallow-free soaps only. Highly recommended.

Marco, any particular reason for going tallow free? I will admit, I’ve been in Guam for the past three months and have used nothing but old fashion Proraso while here and am loving it more and more each day. It’s cheap, has the great menthol feel and just works.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, any particular reason for going tallow free? I will admit, I’ve been in Guam for the past three months and have used nothing but old fashion Proraso while here and am loving it more and more each day. It’s cheap, has the great menthol feel and just works.
In the past I used tallow soaps for 20, maybe almost 30 years. The great ones are truly GREAT, so it really has nothing to do with shave performance. The sole main reason is the smell, which my nose lately seems to have become very sensitive to. I can clearly detect an unpleasant "sweaty shirt" odor in tallow soaps - even when new - and, as they become older (with at least a dozen soaps in rotation, that is inevitable), the bad smell becomes even more pronounced. Totally unbearable, not to say disgusting.

Now, is this an issue for me? No, it is not. My current top tallow-free soaps perform at the highest level in terms of slickness and cushion. Post shave is easily comparable to the best tallow soaps. And scent remains great and clean from start to finish.

I hope that you are satisfied with my answer, Sir.

In the past I used tallow soaps for 20, maybe almost 30 years. The great ones are truly GREAT, so it really has nothing to do with shave performance. The sole main reason is the smell, which my nose lately seems to have become very sensitive to. I can clearly detect an unpleasant "sweaty shirt" odor in tallow soaps - even when new - and, as they become older (with at least a dozen soaps in rotation, that is inevitable), the bad smell becomes even more pronounced. Totally unbearable, not to say disgusting.

Now, is this an issue for me? No, it is not. My current top tallow-free soaps perform at the highest level in terms of slickness and cushion. Post shave is easily comparable to the best tallow soaps. And scent remains great and clean from start to finish.

I hope that you are satisfied with my answer, Sir.

For your non tallow soaps what’s your rotation sir? I’d imagine Proraso and Cella boo are tops? Thanks for your answers sir.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
For your non tallow soaps what’s your rotation sir? I’d imagine Proraso and Cella boo are tops? Thanks for your answers sir.
Currently, my top shelf is composed by:

SV Desert Vetiver Beta 4.3
Cella Extra Extra Bio
RazoRock Plague Doctor Super Formula
RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore
La Toja stick
Haslinger Schafmilch V2
Haslinger Honig V2

Not top shelf, but honorable mention:

Pre de Provence N°63
Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme
Musgo Real Classic