What's new

Cella cream. First thoughts. Oh dear!

I'll keep this brief as it's only first impressions based on a single first shave. I shall follow up later after at least 3 attempts but i'm not optimistic.
Suffice to say i finished the shave with some Arko as this stuff is fairly useless. I had to squirt three lots of the product onto my boar's hair brush to get anything going and it was still 3rd rate. It did sort of smell like Cella soap, which i love, and the post shave feeling is pleasant enough, but this is a poor cousin to the soap based on this experience. The "lather" disappeared before you could say Geo F Trumper soap.
If i could send it back to the vendor and get a tub of soap instead i would do so.
Anyone else had the same experience? Do i need to persevere?
To be honest i fear this stuff is DOA.

Both Cella & Arko have a huge following here. I have never tried Cella Cream but Arko Cream is pretty good with my daily shaves among other soaps & Creams.

Both Cella & Arko have a huge following here. I have never tried Cella Cream but Arko Cream is pretty good with my daily shaves among other soaps & Creams.

I have the blue "cool" Arko cream, which is what i used to salvage my shave tonight. However, my impression is that the soap in the iconic red tub is actually a better shave. I'm a big fan of Arko, but i'll stick with the soap from now on, which is not to say the cream is not good too. Just that i prefer the soap.
Cella soap is a fantastic product that i love, and that is why i decided to give the cream a go. I like to have Cella in my life and have long sinced finished my lovely red tub.
Alas, my first impressions of the rapid cream is pretty poor, but i will re-visit it to check. I doubt my view will change though. In my experience first impressions count for a lot, though there are exceptions. It took me a while to fall in love with Mitchells Wool Fat, but i got there in the end and wouldn't be without it now. But MWF is a soap, and i think most of us expect creams to hit the ground running. Rapid Cella looks unpromising to say the least.

Cella cream? Never heard of it but their soap is terrific, I use it exclusively. Bowl lathering is only so-so, face lathering is where it's at. I started with arko and moved onto cella, been there ever since.

Yes Dom, like Steve mentioned above it's said brushless in Italian on the red tube.

I would give it a go as God intended giving the brush a holiday for the occasion.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom