What's new

Cella Bio isn’t great.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Cella Bio is much more than great. Cella Bio is marvelous. It’s slick, it’s protective, and it left my face feeling softer than just about any soap or cream I’ve used.

You all have been talking about how great it is. Quit under-selling this stuff. If you haven’t gotten some yet, do yourself a favor and try it.
I was about to cry "heretic!" until I read your actual post. You got me.
In my opinion, Its the best shaving product I've ever used. The matching balm is awaiting me at home to use to tonight! Cant wait for my shave.
Agreed. Slick, protective, stupid easy to lather. Yeah, some artisan soaps are slightly better, but they cost $25 a puck...
If I remember well it was a member from Italy strongly suggesting this stuff... :whistling:
who was it??
:c1:

Just 2x use but it seems to be great stuff. Very pleasant scent. Slick rich lather, unique, can keep adding water as you like it i.e. super easy to lather; fool proof. A winner for sure and my only product with aloe. For the money its a must have.

I just started in on my cream in a tube and it’s got some hard flecks in it. Almost seems like tiny chunks (1 - 2 mm) of hard soap mixed in with the cream. Anyone else encounter this?

I used Bio a few times this week, wow. Seriously great stuff, I have enjoyed everything about it. This cream rivals some great soaps, highly recommended.

I've used my Extra Bio several times now. I'm not getting the oohs and aahs everyone else is getting. So far it's just okay for me. It lathers up well, smells pretty good, is slick, but something just isn't doing it for me. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's not bad, just not performing as well as say my La Toja and Lea creams do. I'll keep using it, maybe we will eventually click.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I've used my Extra Bio several times now. I'm not getting the oohs and aahs everyone else is getting. So far it's just okay for me. It lathers up well, smells pretty good, is slick, but something just isn't doing it for me. I can't quite put my finger on it. It's not bad, just not performing as well as say my La Toja and Lea creams do. I'll keep using it, maybe we will eventually click.
How are you lathering it? I find that the Marco Method works best. Tons of soap, tons of water, tons of lather.

How are you lathering it? I find that the Marco Method works best. Tons of soap, tons of water, tons of lather.

I have the tube cream version, so I squeeze about an almond size amount onto my brush and lather in a bowl. No issues getting good lather.....it provides lather in spades. It's the performance that's just okay for me at the moment. Not sure if it will get better, but for now it's not ranking in my top tier of creams. Like I said, it's not bad, I just have other creams that outperform it.

I'm not giving up on it. I plan to use it in my rotation until it warrants a drop or earns it's place.

I have the tube cream version, so I squeeze about an almond size amount onto my brush and lather in a bowl. No issues getting good lather.....it provides lather in spades. It's the performance that's just okay for me at the moment. Not sure if it will get better, but for now it's not ranking in my top tier of creams. Like I said, it's not bad, I just have other creams that outperform it.

I'm not giving up on it. I plan to use it in my rotation until it warrants a drop or earns it's place.

I find it to have less cushion than La Toja. For me Cella Bio excels in the slickness, lubrication and face feel. But I can "feel" the brush touching my face when lathering, so it is not super cushiony like Cella red or La Toja. Is that what you are trying to describe?

Anyway, it is a winner to me as slickness > cushion in my books. The AS splash is also fantastic

I find it to have less cushion than La Toja. For me Cella Bio excels in the slickness, lubrication and face feel. But I can "feel" the brush touching my face when lathering, so it is not super cushiony like Cella red or La Toja. Is that what you are trying to describe?

Anyway, it is a winner to me as slickness > cushion in my books. The AS splash is also fantastic

Could be what I'm trying to describe. It is slick, but I'm not getting quite as close of shaves with it as compared to the other creams I typically use.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Funny. Likely chemical differences between the tubed/bowl version. I found the bowl version far better than La Toja.

First use today - and.... awesome stuff!
(FOCS (Israeli Red), Omega boar, Cella extra extra bio cream, Thayer's toner original, Cella extra extra bio aftershave)

Performance is pretty great. Smell is light, bright, semi-citrusy, ever so sweet.
Probably the "slickest" cream I've tried so far, as evidenced by how much more effort it took to wash off.
Matching aftershave lotion cranks up the scent a bit, and is equally nice.

This one is a keeper.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
First use today - and.... awesome stuff!
(FOCS (Israeli Red), Omega boar, Cella extra extra bio cream, Thayer's toner original, Cella extra extra bio aftershave)

Performance is pretty great. Smell is light, bright, semi-citrusy, ever so sweet.
Probably the "slickest" cream I've tried so far, as evidenced by how much more effort it took to wash off.
Matching aftershave lotion cranks up the scent a bit, and is equally nice.

This one is a keeper.
Agree 100%. I had not really noticed that until you pointed it out. I am shaving with an ItalianBarber soap, and while it performs admirably for the price point, it only takes 30 seconds or so to wash off my face. Contrast this with CEEB, which I have to rinse off using a washcloth!

How much shaves do you expect to get from a tub?
Depends on so many things, it's hard to say. The size of your brush, synthetic/boar/badger hair, how heavy you load. I'd guess 70-140.

Check out the 3017 thread sometime. It's pretty instructive, but very, very long.

How much shaves do you expect to get from a tub?

Quantity depends on:
- Number of passes at each shave.
- Water hardness.
- Desired lather density (more watery lather requires less cream).
- Brush type and size.
- Size of the face.

My wife has measuring spoons. Going by eye, the smallest i would use for a cream, is the 2.5ml one. The smallest is 1.25ml and it looks too small. Maybe if you are stingy, you can get away with 2ml. So, Cella being 150ml, for my standards (hard water and 3 pass shave), it means: 60-75 shaves (worst-best case scenario).

I hope it was of some help, sir.

Sorry if I’ve said this before but my tube of bio hardened up I couldn’t squeeze anything out of it. I threw it away.

Dear sir, i have read several complaints with the same problem over the internet. They need to reformulate the cream. It is obvious it has a problem with drying inside the tube. Until then, one should be prudent to buy the tub.

Sorry if I’ve said this before but my tube of bio hardened up I couldn’t squeeze anything out of it. I threw it away.

What! That was a tube full of pure gold. Neanderthals like me air dry all of their croaps and creams to firm them up for use in shave sticks. It can take months to get all the water out! These Stirling samples have been drying since October. Pre-dried Cella Bio is unobtainium. 😢

proxy.php

Dear sir, i have read several complaints with the same problem over the internet. They need to reformulate the cream. It is obvious it has a problem with drying inside the tube. Until then, one should be prudent to buy the tub.

I've heard the same. Apparently there are some nasty chemicals that keep most creams "creamy" that they can no longer use because it's an certified organic product. Buying the tub is sound advice, especially for folks that don't plan on using it immediately or frequently.

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
What! That was a tube full of pure gold. Neanderthals like me air dry all of their croaps and creams to firm them up for use in shave sticks. It can take months to get all the water out! These Stirling samples have been drying since October. Pre-dried Cella Bio is unobtainium. 😢

proxy.php

I've heard the same. Apparently there are some nasty chemicals that keep most creams "creamy" that they can no longer use because it's an certified organic product. Buying the tub is sound advice, especially for folks that don't plan on using it immediately or frequently.
Sorry I should have sent it to you. 😐

Top Bottom