What's new

Cella Bio isn’t great.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
If I remember well it was a member from Italy strongly suggesting this stuff... :whistling:

Whoever this Italian member was, they were onto something!

It’s great to be able to enjoy such a wonderful product at such a fair price.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Whoever this Italian member was, they were onto something!

It’s great to be able to enjoy such a wonderful product at such a fair price.

Let's say that Cella Extra Extra Bio is a brand new cream that performs like the finest Old School classics. ;)

No my friend, that is not correct. The Super Formula is a NEW formula, as declared by the Ludovico Martelli Company - manufacturer of the Proraso brand.

I've been using Proraso for a lifetime and can confirm it.

On the subject of the great shaving company (Proraso) do you know what the state of things are regarding the situation with Valobra?

I'm based in the UK where on a few forums the Valobra stick (and their pucks) are regarded incredibly highly and quite a few users are getting more than a little concerned at their diminishing Valobra sticks without a replacement on the horizon. FTR I have another stashed away mwah ha ha ha ha.

FTR, I don't think anyone should be surprised with the performance of Italian made shaving soaps/croaps/creams from the most budget offering (Vitos, Proraso, Cella etc), midrange (Valobra, Extro etc) to higher end (Antica) I'd say the quality might be a little less or more, but you'll always have an exceptional shave.

If I remember well it was a member from Italy strongly suggesting this stuff... :whistling:

Yup, he is responsible for all this. But that's the beauty of this forum, finding things we all love thanks to recommendations from other members!

I thank that very kind, Italian very much!

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Let's say that Cella Extra Extra Bio is a brand new cream that performs like the finest Old School classics. ;)

You have this right. It’s also a notably different experience on its own right, though. More of a cream than the classic red jar and - dare I say - a bit more cushiony with similar slickness.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
On the subject of the great shaving company (Proraso) do you know what the state of things are regarding the situation with Valobra?

I'm based in the UK where on a few forums the Valobra stick (and their pucks) are regarded incredibly highly and quite a few users are getting more than a little concerned at their diminishing Valobra sticks without a replacement on the horizon. FTR I have another stashed away mwah ha ha ha ha.

FTR, I don't think anyone should be surprised with the performance of Italian made shaving soaps/croaps/creams from the most budget offering (Vitos, Proraso, Cella etc), midrange (Valobra, Extro etc) to higher end (Antica) I'd say the quality might be a little less or more, but you'll always have an exceptional shave.

My friend, there are many rumors around Valobra but I currently cannot confirm any. I suggest contacting the company directly (www.valobra.com).

If you like this great Italian brand you should also consider their bath soaps, if you haven't yet. Another excellent brand from Italy for bath soaps is Nesti Dante.

P.S. I wholeheartedly love the United Kingdom!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
@Marco, one of your posts on Cella Extra Extra Bio to another shaver was "get some, and thank me later" -- well, it's later and I am thanking you!!! I used it for the first time last night and the performance was truly outstanding!!! I am in the definite minority, but I don't care for the scent....it's not awful, it's just not for me. I love Valobra's Fougere and SV's Felce, and I'm a big fan of the original Cella scent.....but this Bio scent is not a favorite for me. That said, while the scent is not fragrant to me, it is also not foul, and the performance is just too good to let a little "not my favorite smell" stop me from using this excellent product! Thank you again, sir!

@zoidberg, I've gone on record multiple times (really they are more like rants than records) on the loss of Valobra. I've heard from many optimist that it's coming back, that Proraso would be foolish to buy-it-and-kill-it, and I truly hope they are correct. That said, after 30 years of working with both North American and European businesses, I am more pessimistic, and I believe it is gone for good. Blame the pandemic, blame the soap wars, blame capitalist greed, blame me -- but I fear that our beloved Valobra shave soap has departed. I've even put my money where my big mouth is, and spent a small fortune buying up the stock (at a premium) of my favorite Valobra Fougere whenever I discover it. The last place I heard about it was Australia. They aren't marking the soap up, but it costs a small fortune to get goods from there to here (the USA); but I decided that I wanted to have it on hand. It was at Vshod.com (also mentioned in the Marketplace area of the forum. There are a only a few left (Cologne and Unscented last I checked), and I suspect they will be gone before long. As I say over and over again, I hope I'm wrong and Valobra will return, I will happily treat my expensive stocking-up as "panic buying" and a lesson learned that not all capitalists are competitor-crushing-expense-reducing-short-sighted-greed-mongers....only the ones I've worked for. :laugh:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
@Marco, one of your posts on Cella Extra Extra Bio to another shaver was "get some, and thank me later" -- well, it's later and I am thanking you!!! I used it for the first time last night and the performance was truly outstanding!!! I am in the definite minority, but I don't care for the scent....it's not awful, it's just not for me. I love Valobra's Fougere and SV's Felce, and I'm a big fan of the original Cella scent.....but this Bio scent is not a favorite for me. That said, while the scent is not fragrant to me, it is also not foul, and the performance is just too good to let a little "not my favorite smell" stop me from using this excellent product! Thank you again, sir

You are very welcome, my friend. :)

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Yup, he is responsible for all this. But that's the beauty of this forum, finding things we all love thanks to recommendations from other members!

I thank that very kind, Italian very much!

You're very welcome, Sir. :)

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I notice the cream out of the tube to be extra thick and a tad oily. If im not careful the entire blob i squeezed out can fall off my brush as i start to face lather. Anyone else notice this?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
@Marco, one of your posts on Cella Extra Extra Bio to another shaver was "get some, and thank me later" -- well, it's later and I am thanking you!!! I used it for the first time last night and the performance was truly outstanding!!! I am in the definite minority, but I don't care for the scent....it's not awful, it's just not for me. I love Valobra's Fougere and SV's Felce, and I'm a big fan of the original Cella scent.....but this Bio scent is not a favorite for me. That said, while the scent is not fragrant to me, it is also not foul, and the performance is just too good to let a little "not my favorite smell" stop me from using this excellent product! Thank you again, sir!

@zoidberg, I've gone on record multiple times (really they are more like rants than records) on the loss of Valobra. I've heard from many optimist that it's coming back, that Proraso would be foolish to buy-it-and-kill-it, and I truly hope they are correct. That said, after 30 years of working with both North American and European businesses, I am more pessimistic, and I believe it is gone for good. Blame the pandemic, blame the soap wars, blame capitalist greed, blame me -- but I fear that our beloved Valobra shave soap has departed. I've even put my money where my big mouth is, and spent a small fortune buying up the stock (at a premium) of my favorite Valobra Fougere whenever I discover it. The last place I heard about it was Australia. They aren't marking the soap up, but it costs a small fortune to get goods from there to here (the USA); but I decided that I wanted to have it on hand. It was at Vshod.com (also mentioned in the Marketplace area of the forum. There are a only a few left (Cologne and Unscented last I checked), and I suspect they will be gone before long. As I say over and over again, I hope I'm wrong and Valobra will return, I will happily treat my expensive stocking-up as "panic buying" and a lesson learned that not all capitalists are competitor-crushing-expense-reducing-short-sighted-greed-mongers....only the ones I've worked for. :laugh:
Fred, the aftershave balm is awesome too. I just got some.

I notice the cream out of the tube to be extra thick and a tad oily. If im not careful the entire blob i squeezed out can fall off my brush as i start to face lather. Anyone else notice this?

It’s a very dense cream. You can load directly from the tub for optimal results, that’s what Cella recommends

Based on this thread I ordered a Cella green tub. Fantastic product! Super slick and great cushion. I've only been at this 6 months during which I'm actively collecting and trying different products in a bowl lathering SR routine. I swap soaps each week. Opening the tub and taking a sniff, I get a light barbershop scent, along the lines of Tabac but not as strong. Very soft soap, easy to finger-smear into my shaving bowl. I use a silvertip badger brush and this soap quickly whips into a lather in the bowl. When brushed on my face I would use adjectives like: airy, light, and soft. This lather is so slick and light it's not unusual for a dollop to drop off the brush into the sink (as @Rhody mentioned). My shavette just glides over my skin (for full disclosure: I do always prep my face with Proraso green pre-shave). After two WTG passes my skin is silky smooth, and I haven't had a cut or weeper all week. I have tried Tabac, Long Rifle, Captain's Bay, Mike's and Cella green is currently my number one seed. I have Arko and La Toja in the medicine cabinet ready for the next couple weeks to see if they can topple the Italian Soap King!

This thread had me excited to try it. I received it this afternoon and plan on using it tomorrow. A word of caution, where I'm located it's hot out and my tub had some leakage. I opened the tub to see it was almost totally liquified. I put it in the fridge and seems better, hope it's ok.
On the scent question I loved the performance of the original but didn't like the scent which was cherry/almond. I really like the scent of the Bio, looking forward to tomorrow's shave.

Top Bottom