What's new

Cella Bio Baby!

Update:
The balm and aftershave splash have the same scent as the shaving cream. With lines from other companies, some of the same scent lines smell a bit different. These products have the same smell across the board.

Yet another update:

If you like the shaving cream scent, you have to try the splash. The scent experience is most definitely best from the splash in my opinion.

Does Cella Extra Extra Bio contain tallow like their original shaving cream?

No. It's a vegan base with organic (bio) aloe vera, coconut oil, olive oil, camomile and bamboo extract. It's a superlative cream and a bargain for the price.

I am currently in a Aegean sea town and using Cella Bio cream + splash and then going for a walk by the sea is truly a great experience!

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Figured I would post my experience from another thread as well!

I last tried the red cella soft soap almost 10 years ago. I didn't like the almond scent, so I never bought again. Come to think of it, I really had little idea what I was doing lathering, so that probably played a role. I went down the soap hole, trying the newest, best artisan releases.

But, after hearing about the new version of cella, and hearing @Marco 's praises of the brand, I thought a retry would be worth my money. And I am happy I did. I just had the first shave with the new Cella Organic shaving soap. I am positively blown away.

I normally don't get along well with vegan products. Even the very best vegan soaps, like Grooming Department, just don't seem to get along well with me. No such trouble with cella.

Unlike a normal soap, which can always seem to use a little bit more loading, Cella bio let me know when the loading was complete by producing copious bubbles on the brush. And, ease of lathering with this product is great. I didn't have the problem of needing to get the amount of water I added exactly correct. The initial lather seemed fine, and when I added some water, it kept seeming fine. Cella bio tolerates wildly different amounts of water, which makes mornings simpler.

Scent - the scent is absolutely perfect. Subtle, and I could easily use it in any season.

Another great attribute is the bowl. Modern shaving soaps tend to have bowls that are too wide for my preference. I prefer a bowl of medium diameter that is deeper. Cella hit it out of the park with the design of their bowl.

The price can't be beat. I only wish that I lived in Italy where it would be even cheaper. But even so, this is cheap, at a mere $10 and change per puck.

And so I have to take my hat off to Marco, and the Italian soap making tradition. Having now tried the big soap-making countries - the UK, the US, Germany, and Italy - I have a clear favorite.

Finally, I ask for all your experiences with Cella. Is the aftershave balm any good? What are tricks for lathering the soft soap? Should I leave the soap to dry, or put the lid on right away? And, Marco, a serious thanks for your advocacy of this brand!

The balm is very good, same scent but a tad greasy. I don't mind at all. Nice face protection. The splash is my favorite of this now line. The same shaving cream sent has been turned up a notch, so if you like the cream scent, you'll love the splash scent. It contains less alcohol than most splashes but still enough to get a post-shave sting. Which I like. The splash also leaves my face feeling protected, nourish and clean. Sometimes I don't even use a balm after the Cella Extra Extra Bio splash. I'll always reorder this splash when I run out. Hope this helps.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
The balm is very good, same scent but a tad greasy. I don't mind at all. Nice face protection. The splash is my favorite of this now line. The same shaving cream sent has been turned up a notch, so if you like the cream scent, you'll love the splash scent. It contains less alcohol than most splashes but still enough to get a post-shave sting. Which I like. The splash also leaves my face feeling protected, nourish and clean. Sometimes I don't even use a balm after the Cella Extra Extra Bio splash. I'll always reorder this splash when I run out. Hope this helps.
It helps a lot, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Figured I would post my experience from another thread as well!

I last tried the red cella soft soap almost 10 years ago. I didn't like the almond scent, so I never bought again. Come to think of it, I really had little idea what I was doing lathering, so that probably played a role. I went down the soap hole, trying the newest, best artisan releases.

But, after hearing about the new version of cella, and hearing @Marco 's praises of the brand, I thought a retry would be worth my money. And I am happy I did. I just had the first shave with the new Cella Organic shaving soap. I am positively blown away.

I normally don't get along well with vegan products. Even the very best vegan soaps, like Grooming Department, just don't seem to get along well with me. No such trouble with cella.

Unlike a normal soap, which can always seem to use a little bit more loading, Cella bio let me know when the loading was complete by producing copious bubbles on the brush. And, ease of lathering with this product is great. I didn't have the problem of needing to get the amount of water I added exactly correct. The initial lather seemed fine, and when I added some water, it kept seeming fine. Cella bio tolerates wildly different amounts of water, which makes mornings simpler.

Scent - the scent is absolutely perfect. Subtle, and I could easily use it in any season.

Another great attribute is the bowl. Modern shaving soaps tend to have bowls that are too wide for my preference. I prefer a bowl of medium diameter that is deeper. Cella hit it out of the park with the design of their bowl.

The price can't be beat. I only wish that I lived in Italy where it would be even cheaper. But even so, this is cheap, at a mere $10 and change per puck.

And so I have to take my hat off to Marco, and the Italian soap making tradition. Having now tried the big soap-making countries - the UK, the US, Germany, and Italy - I have a clear favorite.

Finally, I ask for all your experiences with Cella. Is the aftershave balm any good? What are tricks for lathering the soft soap? Should I leave the soap to dry, or put the lid on right away? And, Marco, a serious thanks for your advocacy of this brand!

You are very welcome, Sir. :001_smile

By the way, among the great wet shaving countries do not forget Spain and Portugal. :yesnod:

Was curious to know what the splash was like. I love the scent of the soap but it’s definitely not an overpowering scent, which for once, I wish it would be! Good to know the splash was turned up a notch. Will be buying

Top Bottom