What's new

Cella bio and La Toja

Hi people,
I'm trying out some different soaps & creams and whas looking at cella bio (green) and la toja I never tried them and wondered how you rate them? for the record I don't like soaps or creams which leaves you with an oily skin afterwards
Thx!

la toja hard soap will definitely not leave you with oily skin.. (never tried the cream) it's not a superfatted soap

if anything the mineral salts of the soap might leave it feeling different than other normal soaps, perhaps not that much though

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I have both, my vote is for LaToja, mostly based on scent, though I believe La Toja is a better soap than Cella Green. No offense @Marco

The main thing tnat I dislike about Cella Green tub is the scent, it’s exactly the same as an artisan scent, Empire. It’s a canned fragrance. It also seems to have an isoE component, as does Creed Aventus in spades, but I just do not like that note, it isn’t natural. YMMV.

The performance is good, but not great, like regular Cella, but not like ABC, AdP, or SMN.

I’m the greatest fan of the best Italian soaps and creams, Cella green isn’t there for me.

I have both, my vote is for LaToja, mostly based on scent, though I believe La Toja is a better soap than Cella Green. No offense @Marco

The main thing tnat I dislike about Cella Green tub is the scent, it’s exactly the same as an artisan scent, Empire. It’s a canned fragrance. It also seems to have an isoE component, as does Creed Aventus in spades, but I just do not like that note, it isn’t natural. YMMV.

The performance is good, but not great, like regular Cella, but not like ABC, AdP, or SMN.

I’m the greatest fan of the best Italian soaps and creams, Cella green isn’t there for me.

No offense here either, but my opinion is the exact opposite. I wish I was a fan of La Toja, but it does not agree with me.

Bio, on the other hand, is one of the best soaps I’ve used. I do enjoy the scent and also have the AS. I do wish the tub was wider for loading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are incredible. I had queued up both to sell due to wanting to move toward minimalism. And yet their performance is tops for vegan soaps IME. A couple of other Italian soft soaps have come close, and I Coloniali, but man, these are great performers.

La Toja and Cella Bio are arguably the best soaps in the world. They tick all boxes: readily available, made in EU to the highest standards, ease of lathering, economic, thick, dense, slick, great post shave feel

I find LaToja to be denser and thicker, while Cella Bio is crazy slicker.

if I had to keep only two soaps in my den, they would be it. They are SAD killers and can actually make one save money in this hobby as they’re dirt cheap

Don’t forget to pair the matching AS splashes (or balms if you are a balm man) for the complete experience

Only tried La Toja and I consider it top-tier in the lather and scent department. For my skin though it leaves me a little bit oily but I do have oil-prone skin.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have and enjoy both.

I also believe you should try both.

This.

Cella Extra Extra Bio and La Toja stick are two completely different products: different formula, different consistency/texture, different latherability, different scent.

That said they are both SUPERB and my 2 all-time favourite brands, regardless of price point. I really cannot imagine my den without either.

On a side note, I'm a huge fan of La Toja Classic cream, too.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

My dear Steve, everyone here is entitled of his own opinion and, as long as it's expressed in a fair and elegant way as you did above, it's more than welcome. This is how we want Badger & Blade to always be. Thank you. :001_smile

I have been using both quite a bit and have to say - the Cella Bio may be the best performing soap/cream in my stash. The slickness is out of this world!

Agreed. It is my current number 1 seed. LT is great but Cella Bio is slicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just tried La Toja tonight and can confidently stand behind this product.

Like most others have said, it ticks all the boxes. Extremely easy to lather and has a great slickness. Left my skin a little more oily but I tend to be on the dryer side so that was actually a nice surprise.

Have Cella Extra Extra Bio coming next week and can’t wait to try it.

I prefer the Cella Bio. Both are great soaps. I find the LT scent to be baby powderish. People say it smells like the ocean/fresh laundry. Not to me. Smells like a baby.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Have both and use both, all three if you include the La Toja Cream.

I grate the La Toja stick and press it into a tin. I'm not that into shave sticks and it's easier to load my brush that way.

Looks like you have a La Toja stick on the way. My suggestion is to grab the Cella Extra Extra Bio and the La Toja Cream. You won't be sorry. :)

Top Bottom