What's new

cella...bahhh

Is it just me or is this soap super soft almost like hair pomade? It feels almost like Castle Forbes SC, very sticky. I've tried only a few swirls or a lot, but I still don't get very good results with it either way. Anyone experiencing the same issues?

I wet my brush, give it a good shake then load it up on the soap for 20-30 seconds then I'll either face lather or bowl lather. It's so freaking thick almost like sticky chewing gum. Maybe I'm over loading it, but that's how I normally load up other soaps like Tabac or Irish Moos, etc.

You think Cella is soft, wait till you try P-160 tipo morbido. I find Cella to produce great results just make sure you charge your brush well and don't be afraid to add water as needed.

I do it the same way. Try dipping the tips in water to break the soap down more on your face. I hope you find it's sweet spot, it is a great product.

I do 10 swirls with a pretty wet brush, that's about it. Sometimes I need to do a swirl or two mid shave to reload the brush.

Since it's so soft, your brush will load much quicker. 10 seconds should be fine and just add water as needed.

Cella is a fabulous performer and is one I would recommend to a beginner due to it's ease of creating lather. A soaked and squeezed brush, swirled for a MIN of one minute, then face lathered, produces more lather than I need for 3 passes plus a touch up. One mistake often made with this soap is not realising how much water is needed, far more than any other soap I know. Just when you feel your lather is ok, it will take more. Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima is IMO the best of the best!!:thumbup:

David

interesting...10 swirls vs. 1 mins.. heh....What about the brush? I have a boar brush, pure badger, and 2 silver tips (24mm and 28mm) what do you guys typically use with it?

Definite case of YMMV. Maybe Optometrist has a Very large amount of real estate to lather.

Funny as it sounds My 1520 boar after it's been broken in is too soft for my liking. My brush of choice right now is a Flat top D01 SM or CH1 two band.

I usually whip up the lather right on top of the soap. I've moved all my soft Italian soaps to wider bowls for a little more swirling room. Works great. Sometimes I'll hit the scuttle a little to warm up the lather but that's it.

interesting...10 swirls vs. 1 mins.. heh....What about the brush? I have a boar brush, pure badger, and 2 silver tips (24mm and 28mm) what do you guys typically use with it?

Both badgers and boars work fine with Cella. My preferred brushes though are my boars, as with P-160 and Valobra.

David

I actually scooped out my tub of Cella into containers that are much wider than the little red tubs and way easier to use. I keep the tubs for SOTD shots though:thumbup:

Definite case of YMMV. Maybe Optometrist has a Very large amount of real estate to lather.

Funny as it sounds My 1520 boar after it's been broken in is too soft for my liking. My brush of choice right now is a Flat top D01 SM or CH1 two band.

A min of one minute is standard practice for me loading soaps, irrespective of the soap concerned. Cella will create plentiful lather with less loading time but I prefer to create excess.

David

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
If you can't get Cella to lather, I'd suggest not buying any MWF. :lol:

Top Bottom