What's new

cella...bahhh

A min of one minute is standard practice for me loading soaps, irrespective of the soap concerned. Cella will create plentiful lather with less loading time but I prefer to create excess.

David

I usually do a one minute load as well. This usually amounts to about 45 swirls with a few mushes and swooshes mixed in. :lol:

I have no problem generating lather with Cella. I like other soaps better, but Cella seems to be fool proof.

More water is the answer. I load my brush up for 30 to 40 seconds and it gives me enough lather for 4 passes. It's one of the best soaps period.

I usually do a one minute load as well. This usually amounts to about 45 swirls with a few mushes and swooshes mixed in. :lol:

I have no problem generating lather with Cella. I like other soaps better, but Cella seems to be fool proof.

When I did this with Cella it EXPLODED into lather. I'm all about making extra lather so you don't have to make more mid-shave, but I had WAY too much. After my full 4 pass shave my brush looked like I had just made the lather and I lathered my hand several time just for the heck of it before just giving up and washing it all down the sink.

It's good stuff.

What I do:
Moisten the brush (not wet) and load the brush for 30-45 seconds, swirling it (not hard) on the soap. Transfer the loaded content to bowl. Repeat 1-2 more times...see what happens then. You have to work hard not to get good lather out of this soap.

"I've moved all my soft Italian soaps to wider bowls for a little more swirling room. Works great."

"I actually scooped out my tub of Cella into containers that are much wider than the little red tubs and way easier to use."

Me too, I ditched the cute little red container and put it into a more suitable Anchor Hocking 2 cup small bowl. Works much better that way.

DD

I just show my brush a photo of a Cella tub. Tons of wonderful lather.

Seriously, 30 seconds on the, er, puck, then face lather. I get enough for 2 passes plus touchup.

I got a red tub for christmas, and tried it for the first time over the weekend. I had most recently been trying to figure out tabac, so I had become accustomed to really loading up the brush. I carried my tabac approach over to the cella, making sure to start with a fairly dry brush and loading up for about a minute. I was very impressed with how easily I was able to get a whole bunch of great lather from the cella. My first pass felt a bit too thick, as I was being stingy with the water. By the third pass, after having left my face pretty wet between passes, the quality of the lather felt great. It was definitely the easiest first attempt I've had with a soap. Great shave, great soap. After reading this thread, I'm definitely going to be more generous with the water next time.

Cella is pretty good, I find that it needs a boar. also load it on a drier brush. then add water as you create lather on a bowl.

Cella is my everyday cream :wink2:. I don't even try to pick it up with a brush, I scoop out a bit with a spoon and put it in a warm bowl, then work it with a wet boar brush.

It may just be my imagination, but it seems to me the brick cella is a little better than the red tub.

-Scott.

Last edited:
good comments guys! I tried the "10 second" thing last night and got a pretty nice lather. It was only a test run so I'm not sure how well it would have performed, but the lather looked and felt pretty good. I think I was spending way too much time loading up the brush and as a result I wasn't adding enough water.

On a side note, have you guys ever tried to mix MWF with another soap like Tabac or Palmolive?

Has anybody else tried to make a shave stick out of Cella? I packed some into a cleaned out deodorant tube and have been using it as a shave stick for the last couple of shaves. It seems a bit too soft for this method, but if I don’t press the stick to my face too hard, I can get away with it. Sometimes I mushroom the face of the impromptu shave stick though.

The lathering results are very good though. Lots of lather and I think that the lather is a bit slicker on my face when I make it this way compared to bowel lathering. It did take me a while to judge just how wet to get my brush to get the proper ratio. Just one more option to confuse everybody with…

good comments guys! I tried the "10 second" thing last night and got a pretty nice lather. It was only a test run so I'm not sure how well it would have performed, but the lather looked and felt pretty good. I think I was spending way too much time loading up the brush and as a result I wasn't adding enough water.

On a side note, have you guys ever tried to mix MWF with another soap like Tabac or Palmolive?

I haven't used Cella yet but have been using P.160 for the last month and as I'm building the lather I keep adding little bits of water and it seems fine, seems fine, seems fine, and then all of a sudden it's like "whoa! when did my bowl fill to the top with tasty lather?"

I do load my brush pretty heavily. I don't want to run out of lather and soap is cheap.

I haven't used Cella yet but have been using P.160 for the last month and as I'm building the lather I keep adding little bits of water and it seems fine, seems fine, seems fine, and then all of a sudden it's like "whoa! when did my bowl fill to the top with tasty lather?"

I do load my brush pretty heavily. I don't want to run out of lather and soap is cheap.

I've experienced this as well with P.160. It will take a good amount of water and make a TON of amazing lather. I have enough for 5 passes with about a 10 second, light swirl on the soap. It's incredible!

I only do a two pass straight razor shave so I don't need a lot of lather. I actually typically make my second lather very light and runny so as to get a better feel for what I'm doing. I shave every morning so the two pass usually wipes everything nicely. One WTG and one XTG. I have very sensitive skin and doing three passes on a daily basis would destroy my face.

Is it just me or is this soap super soft almost like hair pomade? It feels almost like Castle Forbes SC, very sticky. I've tried only a few swirls or a lot, but I still don't get very good results with it either way. Anyone experiencing the same issues?

I just used for the 1st time this morning and really loved it.3 passes all good.

maybe it's your water?
:huh:

Top Bottom