What's new

Cella = Awesome

Well , after all this time , I finally ordered a brick of Cella. I also ordered a Semogue 2000. I was hesitant to do so , since I enjoy my badger brushes so much. During my shower I soapked the Semogue in a coffee mug filled with warm water. When my shower was over with , I went to town with this soap which was always described as almond scented , but I am picking up more of a sweet cherry scent. The lather was fantastic with incredible amounts of cusion. The Semogue felt different than a badger , but it felt quite good on my face. I have to say that after my first use of Cella , that it has earned a permanant spot in my rotation. The price is very reasonable for this top notch product. It is also a great thing that this formula of this soap has remained unchanged for all these years !! I have to thank my good friend Marco for all of his help. I had asked him several questions regarding this soap and types of brushes that work well. Thank you Marco !!!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Hey, if you liked Cella there is a world of Italian Soft Soaps awaiting you brave shaver...:)

I have a brick of Cella and lather with an Omega 31025 boar brush. Truly a wonderful shave everytime!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Well , after all this time , I finally ordered a brick of Cella. I also ordered a Semogue 2000. I was hesitant to do so , since I enjoy my badger brushes so much. During my shower I soapked the Semogue in a coffee mug filled with warm water. When my shower was over with , I went to town with this soap which was always described as almond scented , but I am picking up more of a sweet cherry scent. The lather was fantastic with incredible amounts of cusion. The Semogue felt different than a badger , but it felt quite good on my face. I have to say that after my first use of Cella , that it has earned a permanant spot in my rotation. The price is very reasonable for this top notch product. It is also a great thing that this formula of this soap has remained unchanged for all these years !! I have to thank my good friend Marco for all of his help. I had asked him several questions regarding this soap and types of brushes that work well. Thank you Marco !!!

Cella is indeed great stuff, and Marco is one of the most helpful members of B&B.

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure which to try next though..

Thank you kindly, my friends. And yes, Cella is truly that wonderful. Paul, if you love this great Italian gem, I suggest trying the Linea Officina Artigiana soaps from Joe of Italian Barber. They have the same trusted, century-old formula of the mighty Cella in many fantastic scents. My favourite is the Chianti Lavender, but you have many others to choose among. Other outstanding soaps are the new King Louis and 888, which have no tallow, are powered with a ton of essential oils and give some of the richest and slickest lather I've ever seen in a shaving soap.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
In before Marco........... damn! Foiled again!

Cella rocks. I'll expand on this in my upcoming book, Why Italy is Better Than England for Shave Geeks.

I have to agree. I am still trying different soaps / creams, so I had ordered a block of Valobra Almond and a tub and brick of Cella. The Valobra came in a couple days ahead of the Cella. I lathered up with that, and, much to my horror, found that I am painfully allergic to the Valobra, ending up with razor-burn-like irritation the first day and a solid red rash on my face resembling a first-degree burn the second time. I like the smell and love the lather, but can't use it.

This had me really sweating the incoming 1150g of Cella, but it was for nothing. I tried the Cella for the first time yesterday, and it was wonderful, with a solid almond scent and thick, slippery lather.

Today was Tabac. It worked up just as well; the scent reminds me pleasantly of my chain-smoking grandfather. The lather was a little on the dry side, but it was probably my fault.

Last edited:
Of all the Italian soft soaps I've tried, Cella is always the one I pick as first choice. Valobra stick runs a close second though.

Can't wait to try Cella, but first I must try the Tabac and AoS Ocean Kelp first. Of all the acquisition disorders, this one may be the most fun. I'm looking forward to trying out these 2 out. My next soap purchase will be Italian I think.

When i use Cella I can do without the AS because the skin is soft.many say that tallow hurt ... I do not believe this because for many years was used without further damage.it produces great foam and the fragance is not intrusive

I suggest trying the Linea Officina Artigiana soaps from Joe of Italian Barber. They have the same trusted, century-old formula of the mighty Cella in many fantastic scents. My favourite is the Chianti Lavender, but you have many others to choose among. Other outstanding soaps are the new King Louis and 888, which have no tallow, are powered with a ton of essential oils and give some of the richest and slickest lather I've ever seen in a shaving soap.

JOe of italian Barber is the same of homonymous site?

I went to town with this soap which was always described as almond scented , but I am picking up more of a sweet cherry scent.
Maraschino cherries are flavored with almond extract, which is why Cella smells similar to maraschino cherries.

I just used Marco's method for lathering Cella for the first time. I had so much lather I couldn't keep it all in the bowl. And the wife loves the scent too. Wonderful stuff!

Top Bottom