What's new

Cella AS vs. Proraso red AS

What are you guys' thought about these aftershaves. Do they have staying power? What about the scents? Are they "old man" scents, or relatively neutral? Thanks in advance.

Don't have experience with cella, but I do have a jar of the Proraso that I occasionally use, it is a very nice smelling and moisturizing splash with minimal burn. The scent is of sandlewood, although being new to traditional shaving I couldn't really say how sandlewoody it truly is. It's only downfall for me is that the scent is gone in 15 minutes, of course ymmv 😊.
I'm sure some more experience members will offer some more insight into your query.

I have the Proraso Red AS.
I really like the scent a lot - a nice creamy sandalwood. I would say sandalwood in general does not give the "old man" vibe. It's a bit different than the soap - a bit less earthy, less medicinal and a bit sweeter and creamier.
It's very moisturizing, so I have to be careful how much I use. Using a wet hand seems to help.
Staying power for me is pretty good. Nice for a couple hours and then fades. It's been 7 hours and I can get small whiffs now and then.

My only issue with it is that I'd prefer it LESS moisturizing so I could really splash it on heavily. :tongue_sm

I haven't tried the Cella, but I am a huge fan of Proraso Red.
When I first got a sample of the stuff, I did not like the smell. However, I ended up ordering a full bottle the next day and my girlfriend likes it. It's a clean, simple scent; not cologne-like at all. It neither sticks out as either youthful or old-man. The scent doesn't stay strong a long time.
I've found it very moisturizing. In fact, I think it's far for soothing for me than the Proraso Blue Balm.

I agree with Neuro. Proraso Red AS has a very nice, clean scent that is neither flowery or "old man smelling". I also find it very moisturizing. It definitely does not dry my skin out like some AS. Great product!

Top Bottom