What's new

Cell phone shots

City living...

''''''''''''''''''''
file-17_B&Bsize600.jpg

dave

On vacation in Porto at the moment, and taking the metro earlier today, I felt a bit like Neo :biggrin1:

Movie-nerds will get the reference :wink:

Attachments

• IMAG0243.jpg
    IMAG0243.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
Hunter St. after the storm, we finally got rain, the walk home...

////////////View attachment 900334
//////////////////dave
Neat shot Dave!
Ok These HDR photos you've been posting have me wondering how you're doing this. Here's what I'm coming up with. I assume they are multiple images with bracketed exposures. The ones with the ghost cars make sense the cars are moving, but I don't think these flowers were growing that fast, or the buildings were jumping around. Were you actually walking while taking this shot? Is the shutter speed fast enough and or Image stabilization good enough (Not sure if an Ipod has any IS or not) to keep each image sharp enough? Thanks for any info. The more I figure out on my camera and pics the more I start looking at others and trying to figure out what they did.

Thanks Troy!

You're right about a number of bracketed exposures combined for the final image and right about the cars moving fast enough to create the ghost image, (we're referring to a previous photo). For the Hunter street photo last night it was a deliberate camera move to get the vertical shift. i think it requires a longer exposure as i was trying it tonight but it was still bright out when i was playing and not working. Last night's success was at 1/60 and i've had it work well at slower.

With the ipod instead of the native camera i use an app called Procamera and it does have an anti shake switch but i leave it off.

A couple others from the same spot last night using hdr but held steady, same exposure on the sunflowers, the church was 1/100s, the church still showed in heavy shadow so pulled the detail up post resulting in the blue foliaged tree, sky was great but at 8:30 looking to the east the sun is nearly gone and the church is on the backside of a hill.

In any case great fun to play & experiment with.

/////////////////
IMG_E1117_B&Bsize600.jpg

/////////////////
IMG_E1122_B&Bsize600.JPG

dave

The air in this state is so filthy that our sunrises look like Eastern sunsets.
This is the morning sun through the blinds yesterday morning.
384318BA-A760-4EC2-8B38-984BE04F26B0.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Took this yesterday. A light rain shower passed through. Always produces a double rainbow over there in the evening.

139A4D53-F0D2-4872-BEC1-79791836E574.jpeg

Very cool, a perfect pair! We were lucky enough to have a double with the end to end view this week as well. Rare around here.

dave

Been a long time since we had a setting sun with clouds present, we even had some rain yesterday with a double rainbow just before we walked. More HDR play.

/////////////
file-15_B&Bsize600.jpg

/////////////////////
file1-12_B&Bsize600.jpg

///////////////////////// dave

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I haven't made it through 47 pages yet, so please forgive me if this has been asked. To iPhone users- what app are you using? I was looking at Camera+2, which they say can control everything but aperture. What do you guys think?

on edit: I have an iPhone 7 Plus (soon to get an 8)

Top Bottom