What's new

Celebrating Aliexpress

Aliexpress is a great resource. It got me my freakish Titan razor with 70 HRC steel (stainless, but you can't have everything). It cheaply feeds the addiction of many brush addicts. But they do have their own unique take on things, don't they?

I found a listing for a Japanese razor that hit all of my Aliexpress buttons.

First, this razor has three functions in one! "Haircut carving," beard modeling, and trimming. Actually they didn't include shaving, except in a note below.

In a subhead listing of virtues, this phrase appears: "Release of man's great realm." Try to improve on that.

The hardness is listed at 58-61. Doesn't seem like good quality control, does it? 58 is "softish knife" territory, and 61 is the beginning of acceptable razor hardness (IMO). Not only do they list a range, the range is stamped right onto the tang! "58-61 HRC." Hope you get a good one!

If you want more detail about the hardening, it is available.

Carbon Steel Hardness 58-61 HRC "in the proper heat treatment or cold-drawing hardening after, with high strength and hardness, high elastic limit and hardness, high elastic limit and fatigue limit, Cutting Performance is Acceptable."

Did you hear that? Cutting performance is acceptable! Are you ready to order yet?

One final quote: "Fully combine the strength of the grinding material with the flexibility of water, and wash it with rough grinding, which is slow and magic."

Change is the constant of life. But I hope aliexpress will be just what it is, for years to come.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I also enjoy AliExpress shopping. The only downside for me was the one to three months for the Philippines Postal service to get my purchases from Manila to Cebu. To Australia the shipping is much faster.

AliExpress was also where I found my "guaranteed pure best badger hair synthetic brush". Only the Chinese could think up a description like that.

Aliexpress should be renamed Alisnail because there is no express ever. I think it takes around 3 months to get anything from them.

Made a quite a few purchases from them, and as a whole they are reliable. Got what I ordered every time. Timing is a bit bit of a lucky draw. Anything from 10 days to four weeks. My latest handful of GD 66’s arrived last week, just as I was losing hope of seeing them.

Ebay on the other hand is fine, as long as you buy from European sellers. Had a few bad experiences purchasing from Chinese sellers, so now I try to avoid them if at all possible.

Looks like Aliexpress have more control over Chinese sellers, and keeps them in line.

Aliexpress should be renamed Alisnail because there is no express ever. I think it takes around 3 months to get anything from them.

I'm looking at buying an industrial CNC router from a seller on Ali - it ships as freight cargo, and the seller is warning me that the normal 3 month crossing may take up to 6 months due to the current port delays.

Top Bottom