What's new

CDC Says Shave Those Beards!

80% of our media is owned by six major corporations- money is the primary thing on their mind. The thoughts of the top filter down.

Heard something downright surreal this evening. It was a story on the effect of the virus on the availability of prom dresses. Really? That's the most important thing they could think about where the virus is concerned?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Heard something downright surreal this evening. It was a story on the effect of the virus on the availability of prom dresses. Really? That's the most important thing they could think about where the virus is concerned?
We (the collective we) have become a very selfish and self-absorbed people.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
It hit wedding dresses two weeks ago. Next thing you know Halloween costumes will be in short supply. Maybe if nothing else this will wake people TFU about what really matters.

this was a CDC blog post from 2017 and it applies to health personnel wearing respirators which require a tight seal.

The CDC does not recommend any kind of face mask unless you are caring for sick people. Wash your hands frequently instead.

Disinformation is everywhere.

On a similar, but more serious note, the FDA did confirm the first drug shortage caused by supply chain disruption.

in response I will be shaving my entire body and living in a hazmat suit.

I applaud your efforts, but I do think a fully equipped zombie apocalypse shelter would be more effective (full body shaving optional). And my wife said it was foolish to buy thousands of DE blades in preparation for the shaving apocalypse...

this was a CDC blog post from 2017 and it applies to health personnel wearing respirators which require a tight seal.

The CDC does not recommend any kind of face mask unless you are caring for sick people. Wash your hands frequently instead.

Disinformation is everywhere.

I am just a common consumer - it is my job to read, but not comprehend! It is fascinating how all the news outlets picked up on the chart with current events. Unfortunately, masks for preventing spread of illness are most effective on those already infected.

Three headlines from the local news in Central Pennsylvania today:

• Wilkes-Barre Native Has Coronavirus
    • Fails to mention he’s in Japan
  • Local Stores Selling Out of Respiratory Masks Amid Rising Fears
    • Good thing I bought a couple late last year, I’ll be cutting vinyl planks this weekend and definitely need a mask
  • Americans Avoiding Beer Over Coronavirus Outbreak
    • That’s fine, I’m a Yuengling guy

I didn’t even have to read the comics with this news coverage! What’s next?! No news can be over-covered and no source is too vague, unqualified, or completely fabricated! (yes, a dog has tested positive for the virus, yes people are really buying masks for their pets)

1582928508632.jpeg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Three headlines from the local news in Central Pennsylvania today:

• Wilkes-Barre Native Has Coronavirus
    • Fails to mention he’s in Japan
  • Local Stores Selling Out of Respiratory Masks Amid Rising Fears
    • Good thing I bought a couple late last year, I’ll be cutting vinyl planks this weekend and definitely need a mask
  • Americans Avoiding Beer Over Coronavirus Outbreak
    • That’s fine, I’m a Yuengling guy

I didn’t even have to read the comics with this news coverage! What’s next?! No news can be over-covered and no source is too vague, unqualified, or completely fabricated! (yes, a dog has tested positive for the virus, yes people are really buying masks for their pets)

View attachment 1068212
I’m more of a Modelo virus kind of guy. :lol:

Top Bottom