What's new

Cataracts

Hearing everyone say that it’s not that bad to get it done helps. Thanks for that.

I have to research on how long I have to be off work after having it done (I’m a truck driver and it may be different from someone who works in an office).

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Hearing everyone say that it’s not that bad to get it done helps. Thanks for that.

I have to research on how long I have to be off work after having it done (I’m a truck driver and it may be different from someone who works in an office).
Obviously go with what your doctor says, I was back to work after a couple days off. I deliver mail, driving was not an issue. The only inconvenience was getting those eye drops in while I was out on the street. USE YOUR EYE DROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out a while ago, that my right eye with the plastic lens,
works fantastically well with a magnifying glass.
Very much better than my left natural eye does.

I'm amazed at how easily I can use it
to read the names of the states on the Lincoln memorial
on the back of a five dollar bill.

51 years old and went in for my eye exam. Been naughty and skipped a year. Noticed my vision deteriorating in my right eye and thought it was time for a new prescription. Turns out that things are all foggy out of that eye because I have cataracts.

I am pretty squeamish about my eyes and would greatly appreciate any success shares anyone might have.

Honestly many in medical profession only care about money, it a business. Get second opinion from someone in different town.

I go to a DO I had gone to years ago after new MD’s Office Staff pissed me off.

Plus I got feeling they were going to referred me for cataract surgery.

I told old OD they mention cataracts, he said I could have told you on phone you had cateracts. He said at your age everyone has em. Yours are TINY.

Then he said the other group want to do surgery because if you die with any cataracts. They feel you cheated them out of surgery fees.

Now it 8 years later, yes I use readers, but can count points on Elk at 300 yards with out corective lenses.

I had cataract surgery several years ago, and am very happy with the results.
After the surgery I no longer needed glasses, except to read, although my reading glasses were too strong and to be changed. In fact when I tried my every day bifocals everything was blurry, so into the bin they went.

Top Bottom