What's new

"Caswell Massey" (read: The Holy Black)

When I gave wet shaving a go two years ago, the Caswell Massey Number Six was my first ever shaving soap. My wife already used their hand soaps so I didn't research and just bought one. I loved the smell and how it lathered with a brush and decided to buy the rest of their scents as time went by (expect for Sandalwood, which I cannot stand in general as a scent). I have used them all to date. Newport and Almond being my two favorites.

Number Six is a crisp barbeshop scent. Newport is coastal. Ros is like a garden. Almond is not the typical Cella-like scent but more like bitter almonds and cherry. Regents reminds me of the Floris Elite soap.

Thing is I would read back to back negative reviews about Caswell Massey shaving soaps - never realizing that the company first made shaving soaps in-house and then outsourced their production to a company in New York called The Holy Black. Those absolutely rock in every way.

Unfortunately, Caswell Massey decided to phase out their soaps and is now making creams in house. I tried them but returned them. None of the creams smell like the soaps The Holy Black made for them.

Any "Caswell Massey" The Holy Black soaps fan?

IMG_6779.jpg

Just found this thread whilst starting a WTB post. I would love to lay my hands on some of the shave soap now. I am a huge fan of Number Six and was using the soap almost daily. When I went to re-order, found the cream and boy is that a disappointment. I need to find a source for the soap. Anyone?

Just found this thread whilst starting a WTB post. I would love to lay my hands on some of the shave soap now. I am a huge fan of Number Six and was using the soap almost daily. When I went to re-order, found the cream and boy is that a disappointment. I need to find a source for the soap. Anyone?
New to the forum, similarly a big fan of the soap and and bummed it is discontinued. Saw you are interested in potential trade, and have a No. 6 that’s been scooped no more than five times. Would consider a trade for the Newport soap if you have it.

New to the forum, similarly a big fan of the soap and and bummed it is discontinued. Saw you are interested in potential trade, and have a No. 6 that’s been scooped no more than five times. Would consider a trade for the Newport soap if you have it.
I wish I had it, but sadly no. I've got lots of soaps, just none in th CM line.

Top Bottom