What's new

Caswell-Massey Number 6

Greetings,

Can anyone give me some feedback on Number 6 by Caswell Massey ? Apparently it was the cologne of choice of our nation's father, George Washington himself. Thanks for any information.

Joe

Joe, I remember smelling it once a long time ago and did not like it. It smelled acrid to me. Please remember that cologne scents are subjective and other members may like it.

Austin said:
Joe, I remember smelling it once a long time ago and did not like it. It smelled acrid to me. Please remember that cologne scents are subjective and other members may like it.

Thanks for the feedback Austin; I will weigh member’s input before I make a final decision. I just wanted to try a different type of cologne/aftershave that I am used to. After reading about Caswell Massey, I got a bit more intrigued. I never realized that it was one of the first "true" American Perfumeries like Trumpers is to the UK.

Is there any of the Caswell Massey line you do like and recommend?

Regards,

Joe

Joe, I've got quite a bit of experience with Caswell-Massey scents. I've sorta come full-circle with this perfumer ... I had myself convinced that I really liked their Lime cologne but every time I wore it, it would give me a splitting headache. And it wasn't just the Lime ... a few of the others did the same thing. I don't know what it is .... if it's something that is common to all their scents, or if they simply don't agree with me. I can tell you this, all the CM scents are very strong ... in fact, they are over-the-top-strong ... in my opinion ... and not in a good way ... more of an obnoxious, in your face strong. I find them difficult to even wash off. Again, this is just my experience.

- Dave

djr7572 said:
Joe, I've got quite a bit of experience with Caswell-Massey scents. I've sorta come full-circle with this perfumer ... I had myself convinced that I really liked their Lime cologne but every time I wore it, it would give me a splitting headache. And it wasn't just the Lime ... a few of the others did the same thing. I don't know what it is .... if it's something that is common to all their scents, or if they simply don't agree with me. I can tell you this, all the CM scents are very strong ... in fact, they are over-the-top-strong ... in my opinion ... and not in a good way ... more of an obnoxious, in your face strong. I find them difficult to even wash off. Again, this is just my experience.

- Dave
Hi Dave,
Was that with the colognes only or did the aftershaves have the same result? (Not the balms, but the aftershaves).. Do you have any allergies or chemical sensitivities? That's really an unfortunate situation. I wonder if your reaction was to the carriers?:confused:

guenron said:
Hi Dave,
Was that with the colognes only or did the aftershaves have the same result? (Not the balms, but the aftershaves).. Do you have any allergies or chemical sensitivities? That's really an unfortunate situation. I wonder if your reaction was to the carriers?:confused:

Hi Ron, it was with colognes *only*. I've never tried their after shave splash. I don't really have any allergies to fragrances (that I know of) so I've found it really strange. Something in their formula just doesn't seem to agree with me and I end up getting a migraine. I've never experienced this with any other perfumer/fragrance. Anyway, kinda bizarre ...

Top Bottom