What's new

Casual shoes?

Other than sneakers, what are appropriate casual shoes? I keep hearing about moving away from sneakers for a classier look, but I have not heard what to replace them with.

Boat shoes, moccassins, slip-ons, loafers. Most shoes from Ecco, Clarks, Sperry, Hush Puppies, Sebago, Dockers.

- Peter

I think that if you are wearing nice jeans and shirts, your shoes should be nice as well. I usually wear a nice monk strap, loafer or oxford with my jeans and get compliments reguarly. May think it is a little dressy but I think that for me anyway I would rather lean that direction than the other. My 'brand' suggestions would be Allen Edmonds, Donald Pliner, Alden, Cole Haan, Magnanni etc. For shorts.....a nice fishermans sandal always looks good.

Tracy

I wear a brown slip on loafer without any ornamentation with jeans most of the time. I find it is the right balance between casual enough to look right with jeans but still a noticeable step up from sneakers. Plus it is nice to be able to kick my shoes off easily when I am at home and then slip them right back on when I go out. It doesn't really work with shorts though. I don't wear shorts much any more, but when I do I either wear athletic shoes or sandals.

Something like this is what I wear. I would suggest something with a rubber sole rather than leather for comfort, durability, and to keep the shoe looking casual enough.

proxy.php

Top Bottom