What's new

casual sandals/flipflops

Reefs.
proxy.php

Just make sure you haven't stepped in a pile of dog **** before opening your beer! :eek:

I have been wearing oakley sandals for the the past few years and i love them.

Having said that im going to give rainbow a try next since everyone seems to love them.

I've always had nice luck with Chacos and Birks. Right now I have a pair of Birk-a-likes (that's my terminology) from Born (Born makes great shoes, BTW) that are very nice. The footbed is leather and plush, but has some mesh to keep from sweating and getting funky like Birks, they're super comfortable, and they somehow make my feet love them.

Good Luck.

I call them Berkinmocks, but Yeah, +1 on the Borns!

S

Sam

Jones, I went with these in a amaretto woven strap

http://www.shoebuy.com/sperry-top-sider-largo-thong-woven/243518

The sperry's felt good when I went into Macy's. Casual and yet dressy if that can be said about a sandal. I liked the plaid but fewer choices to wear with it as far as shirts (would look great with khaki shorts).

Good thing, it was $20 off with the paypal coupon

I've had Teva, Birks, Alps, Rainbow, Reef and Chaco. My favorite pair is the Olukai. I think they have the best combination of soft rubber and arch support. I'd say the Rainbows are second but don't have nearly the arch and I think the leather is too slippery.

Sam,

Glad you liked them and I could help out. I've had mine for about a year, and they seem to be holding up well. Hope you enjoy them!

Back in 2001 while visiting a German friend, I picked up two pair of Birkenstocks for 70DM a pair (about $35.00!). Last year (after seven years of abuse), while out walking my dog, the right sandal literally exploded. I was devastated, as you can imagine, but luckily I had that second pair that hadn't even been worn yet. They're currently covered in mud in my garage and eagerly awaiting whatever I can throw at them for the next 10 or so years.

Comfortable. Durable. Fashionable. Hard to go wrong with Birks.

Is there a reason they are covered with mud? Is this a treatment or did you just step in some mud and haven't cleaned them off yet?

S

Sam

Leche: that is the pair my daughter wants to get me. I was thinking of another taupe pair of Birk Arizona and she wants the double layer hemp Rainbows for me.

Steve: I have some Mephisto sandals that have the strap diagonally and then a toe loop. Yes, wear those and you will hate the Birks as the footbed is too hard. The Mephistos have rubber in their cork and it gives a bit more. Ill continue to get Mephistos when this pair runs out, but I needed something a little less expensive and went with the Sperry. I like the ones you showed, and had some Josef Seibels like that, but my wife hates the covering of so much of the foot, and says why not wear a whole shoe. If I do a NYC walking trip, Ill get that pair as the Seibels were perfect for that last time we went. Alas, they did not hold up well

Sam, you will be very happy with them. I wear sandals every day, I have even rocked them in the snow:eek:. They are comfortable, have arch support, and last a long time. The hemp is great, I personally like it better than the leather, as my feet can get sweaty.

I used to like Tevas a lot, but as I gained some weight I found that they didn't have enough arch support for me. Does anyone know if this has changed? I love my Birkenstocks but I need something I can get wet. (Any thoughts on sandals that can get wet, have good arch support, and a back strap would be appreciated, actually.)

Thanks!

S

Sam

Id get Keen or Chacos with the nylon if I needed shoes to get wet, like watershoe/sandals. I have some Birko's that are built like regular Birkenstocks but they are like rubber molded. Same sort of footbed and support but entirely waterproof as they look like the Croc material. They have no back strap though and I use them for beaching, washing the car on concrete or pebbles, the lake, etc. For wearing out in public and then being able to use at the beach, my next pair will be the Keens

G

gone down south

Birkenstock will repair pretty much any damage to their shoes at a good price. You can send them in get a pair so worked on that only the straps and buckles are original!

BTW, I'm rocking a pair of Keens right now. They show up on Steepandcheap.com every so often for about 65% off.

S

Sam

The Sperry arrived and, since they were only whole sizes, wouldn't you know, a 9.5 is what I need. They felt great, just a tad too short and a little too narrow

Gonna try to find some Olukai, Rainbow to try on in town.

Top Bottom