What's new

casual cologne/EdTs - the feelings we associate with scents

I rarely dress up or do special occasion days/nights. And I also will wear cologne when just around the house. What are some of your favorite casual fragrances?

I suppose my bias is leaning toward light & earthy, fruity, etc. Yesterday, Lacoste Blanc just felt better and more appropriate than today's Drakkar, which to me is evoking a nighttime or "going somewhere" scent. I'm thinking Polo (green) would be a good scent for me to get back to. And a good sandalwood or bay rum cologne.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well. With the warmer weather, been using fresh fougeres: Eternity, Cool Water and Curve.

These are light and popular.

Some things just follow a good shave: soapy fougeres like Paco Rabanne or Brut ...

AA

Well. With the warmer weather, been using fresh fougeres: Eternity, Cool Water and Curve.

These are light and popular.

Some things just follow a good shave: soapy fougeres like Paco Rabanne or Brut ...

AA

Many years ago I smelled Cool Water in a GQ insert and really liked it. More recently I tried it at a department store and thought it was just OK. I bought Lacoste instead. I'll give it a try, maybe it will smell better when worn.

I'll try the other 2, starting with Curve. That's wide;y available.

Thanks.

Many years ago I smelled Cool Water in a GQ insert and really liked it. More recently I tried it at a department store and thought it was just OK. I bought Lacoste instead. I'll give it a try, maybe it will smell better when worn.

Thanks.
I love Cool Water. Funny thing is my mother's cousin wears it all the time, it's his signature fragrance as people like to call that. As I was a kid he was always smoking and smell of tobacco and cool water mixed, so I didn't like it. Now when I'm older I just love it. Last summer I was visiting vineyards in the eastern part of the country and wore Cool Water deo. Drinking good wine in late summer days.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Thanks.

They sell a tiny $10 bottle at Walmart.

While good, it's very common and a bit calone-y.

Cool Water is still only $20 or so for a regular bottle. Eternity is cheap too.

AA

Some of my favorite casuals:

Guerlain L'Homme Ideal
Fragrances Of Ireland Patrick
C.O. Bigelow Elixir White
C.O. Bigelow Elixir Green
Caron Pour Un Homme
Zegna Z
Banana Republic Linen Vetiver

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom