What's new

Castle Forbes

While organizing stuff in my closet, I came across a travel bag which had a small container with some 3 year old Castle Forbes shaving cream still left over. It looked like, well, 3 year old Castle Forbes shaving cream, that is, pretty bad. Not the pure white of the brand new stuff. But it still had that wonderful aroma, so I decided to give it a try even though it was well past the 12 month post-opening pull date.

I dug a good sized chunk out, put it in my lather bowl, and sprinkled it with a generous several drops of water to soften it up. After washing my face and soaking the brush (Omega 49), I went to work. The result was a great mound of beautiful white lather.

And the shave. Absolutely stupendous. Slicker and smoother than anything has a right to be.

Cella, Speick, Castle Forbes, TOBs, the list can go on. It is a real blessing for us DE shavers to have such fantastic shaving products.

While organizing stuff in my closet, I came across a travel bag which had a small container with some 3 year old Castle Forbes shaving cream still left over. It looked like, well, 3 year old Castle Forbes shaving cream, that is, pretty bad. Not the pure white of the brand new stuff. But it still had that wonderful aroma, so I decided to give it a try even though it was well past the 12 month post-opening pull date.

I dug a good sized chunk out, put it in my lather bowl, and sprinkled it with a generous several drops of water to soften it up. After washing my face and soaking the brush (Omega 49), I went to work. The result was a great mound of beautiful white lather.

And the shave. Absolutely stupendous. Slicker and smoother than anything has a right to be.

Cella, Speick, Castle Forbes, TOBs, the list can go on. It is a real blessing for us DE shavers to have such fantastic shaving products.

So much for the idea that creams will go bad in a year or so. I've had some Lime for over two years and its still marvelous

Craig

The one-year expiration date is largely a myth. I've got creams dating back years, and most of them are just fine. A few have dehydrated, but none have really gone bad. CF creams, in particular, last a very long time. They are so dense to begin with, dehydration isn't really a concern with them anyway. Until recently I'd had some lying around since the middle part of the last decade - still shaved great.

I could also have mentioned ARKO and AOS. And those are just the ones I've personally tried.
Haven't tried Arko but I like the AoS line of creams. I've started a tub of the Ocean Kelp and find it a wonderful performer.

Have you tried the Truefitt & Hill line? I love the Trafalgar. It just gets better and better doesn't it?:thumbup:

Top Bottom