What's new

Castle Forbes

I was wondering why one does not see any discussion concerning the Castle Forbes shave creams. I am considering the Lavender for my next purchase (it's not like I actually need another cream, but what the hell) and would appreciate some feedback from those who have used it before.
Warm regards,
Alex

AJS said:
I was wondering why one does not see any discussion concerning the Castle Forbes shave creams. I am considering the Lavender for my next purchase (it's not like I actually need another cream, but what the hell) and would appreciate some feedback from those who have used it before.
Warm regards,
Alex

Probably because there is little argument that it is the best cream available :smile: It is seriously high quality stuff. A very dense cream and you only need a small amount to generate a great deal of lather. It is so dense that you have to work it a bit longer with your brush so there isn't any chunks of it left in your lather. It is scented with natural lavender EO and as a result smells great. Of course it feels great on the skin and shave quality is superb. A tub will last a very long time, so it isn't as expensive as it first looks.

S

Sam

This is the best cream to me. Scent and density of lather. QED has the best price on this I have found. Only mildly more expensive than Trumpers and much more fragrant. I have Limes and Lavendar. Also, Colonial Drug in Boston has a good price and for members of another forum, shipping is free

Sam

Very simply, no other cream I have tried even TOUCHES the efficacy of Castle Forbes Lavender. I've had a horrible, irritating shave with almost all the creams and soaps I've tried, yet CF Lavender indeed does PAMPER, SOFTEN and LUBRICATE my nasty, blade-dulling beard! And the scent -- just heavenly.

Every time I've used this, my shave has lasted TWICE AS LONG as usual -- I just wanted to SAVOR the experience. It's THAT GOOD!:001_rolle

Expensive -- Yes. Worth it -- Yes.

Be kind to yourself -- try a jar.

Dang,

I've been wanting to try this cream for some time but I've always been able to stop myself because of the price. I have to order some hydrosol from Charles so I guess I'll break down and get the lavender CF.

Thanks a bunch! :lol:

Patrick

AJS said:
Warm regards,
Alex

Strange, I was wondering the same thing this week and I am glad to see this thread on CF. I was also considering it for my next possible cream purchase. And with all the positive comments, sounds like there's a lot to like about this cream. I have D.R. Harris Lavender and I have heard the CF Lavender is several times better. Can anyone make a comparison regarding scent and performance?

The scent of the CF is stronger and more natural. The biggest difference, for me, is that the CF is not PURPLE like the Harris -- it won't color my brush the way the Harris does. And a really TINY amount of the CF goes a long, long way.

Not saying the Harris is bad, necessarily -- but I stopped using it when it colored one of my wife's hand towels. It came out in the wash, but it really got her angry.

I have only tried a sample of CF lavendar (yes it was VERY good...)
but for pure shaving nirvana the one I like is Castle Forbes LIME, of which I own a tub as well as the CF limes balm (Also very good)
It is REALLY REALLY REALLY good. Crack for wetshavers.
I use mine in very small amounts, but it is bar none my favorite lime cream. To me, anyway, Truefitt and Hill, Taylors, Trumpers, Coates....none of them are even close to the CF limes.
Just my opinion and of course,
YMMV.
John P.

ok gents, all this talk about how wonderful CF is has my SCAD flowing.

now I have to get some of the lime cream- don't u understand I am trying to save for the B & B brush. let's see, since that thread has come out, i have ordered some SCS orange sorbet and savory rose, the CF lime, and am picking up some proraso from tarjay today.

this is getting out of hand!

I just didn't understand the powah of the dark side! :a45:

Marty

Had my first go-round with the CF Limes just a few minutes ago. The sample tub's cream was too hard for the dip and twist (this way with the regular tub?) so I had to resort to using the finger for a tad bit. Just the tiny amount was good enough for my 2-3 pass system. Good results without any irritation despite a week-old derby blade. I would agree that this is a good shave cream, but I'm not sure if it is any better than the Trumper's Limes at this point...will use two or three more times and update.

teamacacia said:
Had my first go-round with the CF Limes just a few minutes ago. The sample tub's cream was too hard for the dip and twist (this way with the regular tub?) so I had to resort to using the finger for a tad bit. Just the tiny amount was good enough for my 2-3 pass system. Good results without any irritation despite a week-old derby blade. I would agree that this is a good shave cream, but I'm not sure if it is any better than the Trumper's Limes at this point...will use two or three more times and update.

You can dip your brush no problem with the tub. The limes cream is a bit softer than the lavender but they both perform more like a soft soap. With dipping it may look like you're not getting enough cream but you are.

Chris

Teamacacia (what is your name?)
It sounds to me like your sample was simply dehydrated. I had the same problem with the samples I had, but when I bought the tub, that was not a problem at all. It is every bit as soft as Trumper, and performs as good as or better than any other lime cream I have tried.
John P.
edit...sorry Todd
...just saw your name

Top Bottom