What's new

Castle Forbes Neroli Eau de Parfum

Hi Kevin,
Yes, there is definitely an initial scent of orange to the Neroli.
According the the card that comes with it the main oil is from the Neroli blossom of the Bitter Orange Tree. SO, the initial scent is prety understnadable.
I've found that (and keep in mind that a good cologne or Eau de Parfum will change and mix with your body chemistry) once it's on it seems to take on a nice gentle (and at the risk of offending the organic chemists for misusing the word) aromatic or woody scent. When I first recieved it, I had my female office staff give me fedback on it and it was all "thumbs up. At this point, I use it for all social occasions.
If you haven'ty already bought it, I'd advise (if you can find an outlet in your area that sells it and you can sample it) taking a woman with you and trying it out with her present because, ultimately they are who we wear the scents for. LOL!
Hope I was helpfull. If you have anymore questions, let me know. I hope someone else out there may have an opposing or different opinion to gived you another point of view. This is such a subjective area. VERY much like wine tasting and the like.
Best regards!
~Gene

I'd advise taking a woman with you and trying it out with her present because, ultimately they are who we wear the scents for. LOL!

Just be sure you trust her taste. My ex g/f and I had a devil of a time agreeing on fragrances we liked, both for her and for me. While I agree with Gene that I was ultimately wearing it for her, I would only wear it if I too could stand it. Fortunately, we did find a handful we both liked.

Gene, nice, informative answer. Thanks for the input. And welcome!

I tried to obtain a sample a couple months ago and struck out. I did see someone peddling a bottle on BN earlier this week ($135?)

I tried to obtain a sample a couple months ago and struck out. I did see someone peddling a bottle on BN earlier this week ($135?)

In my unsophisticated opinion it's a great scent, but nowhere near worth the asking price. I lucked out on a bottle but still payed way too much than I ought to have. :ohmy:

It has a very dark orange scent. Oversimplified, I would call it a citrus musk. Has a great opening, but drags out into a stale Victorian kind of affair. Just my .02.

I have never tried any of Castle Forbes' products, so I can't comment on their quality. Lack of samples and high prices have made them unattractive.

In my unsophisticated opinion it's a great scent, but nowhere near worth the asking price. I lucked out on a bottle but still payed way too much than I ought to have. :ohmy:

It has a very dark orange scent. Oversimplified, I would call it a citrus musk. Has a great opening, but drags out into a stale Victorian kind of affair. Just my .02.

How about a trade Rob?

Oversimplified, I would call it a citrus musk. Has a great opening, but drags out into a stale Victorian kind of affair. Just my .02.

How does it compare to Musgo Orange Amber? I find that too has a nice opening, but gets one-dimensionally sweet and boring as it wears.

I used the last of a sample I had of CF Neroli this morning. Neither my wife nor I liked it at all. She said it smelled like a nursing home. I tend to agree, to me it smelled like mothballs.

One of the vendors told me that pettigrain used to be referred to as: "poor man's neroli". I believe the CF limited-edition stuff claims to contain neroli, pettigrain, and other bitter orange components. What that yields is open to discussion....one I cannot participate in since I have no way to try the stuff.
Can anyone compare and contrast is to Castile or C&S?

Excuse my tangent, but where did the word "sillage" come from? Every scent geek uses it like it's plain English, but it's not in the dictionary. I know what it's supposed to mean, but what's it etymology?

I think it comes from the French "le sillage" meaning wake (as in the wake left by a boat).
Its hip to throw the term around ;)

Top Bottom