What's new

Castle Forbes Lime

Just got this in the mail this morning. Fellas .... whoa!! This is the happiest I've ever been to spend twice as much as something should cost. AMAZING scent.

castle forbes.jpg

Congrats, Sir Tostig, on your new tub of Castle Forbes!!

Indeed, per ounce, it's about twice the cost of other English creams!

But CF puts a LOT of scent essence oils in their creams, contributing to the premium cost!

Also CF creams seem (to me) to be a bit more concentrated than the others, so a few more shaves/tub.

Tell me, how dense/loose/thick is your tub??

Fresh tubs, with fresh fragrance oils, tend to be somewhat 'looser' than older tubs.

castle forbes lime rudy vey feather taylor of old bond street may 25 2016.jpg

^ It's hard to say because this is my first CF product. It seems kinda firm and dense, like a new GFT Coconut (versus GFT Almond, which is quit a bit softer/looser). Would that put it in the "old" or "new" camp?

By the way, I notice you are a fan of the CF lime and the GFT coconut, so there's some overlap in our tastes. What other creams do you like? I'm just starting to build out my collection. I try to avoid sandlewood and musky type scents.

^ It's hard to say because this is my first CF product. It seems kinda firm and dense, like a new GFT Coconut (versus GFT Almond, which is quit a bit softer/looser). Would that put it in the "old" or "new" camp?

By the way, I notice you are a fan of the CF lime and the GFT coconut, so there's some overlap in our tastes. What other creams do you like? I'm just starting to build out my collection. I try to avoid sandlewood and musky type scents.

so many great shave creams!!
too many to mention!

shave creams.jpg

I'm a fan - bought a full tub after trying the sample. Good scent and doesn't burn my face the way that some lime products do.
Cool, I definitely want to try it. I went to the Maggards website last night to order a sample but they were out of stock. I guess that means a lot of people like it! I’ll get ahold of some eventually.

Just got this in the mail this morning. Fellas .... whoa!! This is the happiest I've ever been to spend twice as much as something should cost. AMAZING scent.

View attachment 981678
Can you compare/contrast it with other lime-based shaving creams or soaps? Many of us are familiar with Trumper, Jaggar, Taylor, Truefitt & Hill, &etc. I always found Castle Forbes a pricey dance card...

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Cf lime is excellent . I find that it takes very little product on the brush tips to whip up a nice lather.

Top Bottom