What's new

Castle Forbes is the real deal

Well, I just finished my first shave with the Lavender scented Castle Forbes and I was really surprised that the high marks are not just over-hyped excitement.

I am a soap guy and I use on a weekly basis Tabac, Speick, Czech & Speake O&C, Pen's EF tallow, and AOS. I prefer a bit of a wetter lather and for the most part I have a more difficult time obtaining that with other creams. Of the creams I have used, I found that Trumpers and the Gentleman's Quarter provide me with good shaves, but I didn't imagine that I could find a cream that could rival my favorite soaps.

Well, here I stand corrected. The lather really blossomed like Tabac and C&S and created a very thick and stable lather. I use a good deal of water and this did not prematurely break down my lather as it happens with other soaps and creams. I think the results were very much like the soaps that I regularly use. What a joy and what a scent! This cream now has a permanent spot on the sink. The knowledge and helpfulness of this board is above excellent.

Nice post! You use a handful of some of the most highly regarded soaps, (some of my personal favorites as well) so saying Castle Forbes cream is equal to them is a high mark indeed, and one that I believe is well-deserved by Castle Forbes. :thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Castle Forbes = :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:
CF is simply the very best shaving cream available on the market today.
No further commentary is necessary.

+1. :thumbup:
I've used most of the big name creams out there and have settled my SAD, finally, with Castle Forbles being my favorite...i dont need any others. The balms are exceptional as well, imo.

Thanks.

I would also like to say cf is a fantastic cream. The lime scent is bold and has just the right amount of scent for me. My ability to smell has decrease over the years but this one is bold and I love it. The container is simple, but big enough to get my brush right in there. This makes loading the brush easy, a few swirls and straight to the face, dripple of water from the sink and the lather explodes on your face.

Add it to your rotation, you will not be disappointed.

crom

I just can't wait to shave with it again tomorrow! If it was this good today, it can only get better after I really perfect it.

I just tried it for the first time last night, and WOW! I can't wait to give it a go again in about an hour.

Used it again this morning with a bit more product and had three and a half passes out of the Wee Scott face lathering!! Ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. I had no idea I could be so content, nay, thrilled with a cream!

What really boggles my mind how thick and creamy the lather is. I can keep adding more and more water and it just doesn't break down.

Sorry, I'll stop blabbering like a little school girl. Thanks gents!

I agree with OP re the quality and effectiveness of Castle Forbes Lavender cream. It rivals all the high end and tallow soaps and the aroma is fantastic. I know the lime is also great, but does Castle Forbes make any other shaving creams?

I think they only make 3 -- Lime, Lavender, and Cedar & Sandalwood.

I agree that it's top notch stuff. The later is second to none in terms of staying most and cushiony.

I have not tried the Lavendar, but the Lime gives me the thickest, most luxurious lather out of any of the soaps or creams I own.

I have th elime and enjoy it. Any suggestions fo rthe next scent to add to my den? Lavender or the cedar/sandalwood?

Welcome to the fold. I became a soap guy pretty quickly after I started wet shaving. They just work better for me. At least the best ones. Like you I discovered that CF is honestly in a class by itself. Particularly the lavender. It is as good as the best soaps and I say that unreservedly. I have the cedar and sandalwood version and it is essentially the same but the lavender version just hits my senses better. The lavender is also denser. Almost like a semi paste product. I can lather directly from the jar with no overuse issues. The others are softer and require more attention avoid it. My per shave use of any variety is about 1/8 tsp. of product. What more could a product offer? Even at 32-36 dollars per jar to buy it the cost per use is pennies.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom