What's new

Castle Forbes A/S Balms

What do you guys think of the Castle Forbes a/s balms? I'm referring mainly to the Lime and Lavender (see pics below). They're definately not inexpensive. It's nice that you at least get a good 4oz. of product though. Good points? Bad points?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks, Dave

Dave,

I have both of these balms and the 1445 balm. They are excellent balms. Excellent moisturizers. Quickly absorbed and leaves the skin silky smooth. Very strong scents and great compliments to the CF lavender and lime creams.

Yes, they are expensive, but you do get 4 ozs (125ml) versus just three.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

I have the lime, and it is great stuff.
I've not tried the CF scents such as 1445, however, perhaps if I had opportunity to smell it first? Its too pricy to buy outright without knowing...
Anyway sorry for the ramble. The balms are great stuff. Lasts a long time too.
John P.

Coche_y_bondhu said:
Dave,

I have both of these balms and the 1445 balm. They are excellent balms. Excellent moisturizers. Quickly absorbed and leaves the skin silky smooth. Very strong scents and great compliments to the CF lavender and lime creams.

Yes, they are expensive, but you do get 4 ozs (125ml) versus just three.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Thanks Richard. Can you describe the Lavender? Does it pretty much smell like a straight up Lavender scent? Perhaps similar to a bottle of Atkinsons English Lavender?

Thanks!

Oh, also - would this stuff be considered "a little goes a a long way" ?

This stuff isn't available in too many places. The Gentleman's Shop carries it was well as Sesto-Senso. Sesto-Senso offers it at a better price it looks like ($45) but they have been out of stock for months. Other than these two merchants, I don't see anyone else carrying it (Knox Cigar, but there's just a note there that says "Coming Soon").

I don't know how much truth there is to this, but the lady at Sesto-Senso is getting information from her Castle Forbes rep that CF is repackaging/expanding/reformulating this whole line .... which, supposedly, is why it's taking so long to get it back in stock. The way she understands it is that they are supposedly coming out with more scents - beyond the Lime, Lavender, and 1445 ... possible reformulation and repackaging.

Not sure if the man that runs The Gentleman's Shop might be able to chime in with any information ..?? I thought at one time he was reading this forum. Maybe he's heard something.

It sounds like Castle Forbes is a very private and "secretive" company. They seem to move at a snail's pace and are very reluctant to share what they are up to.

Now I can't decide if i should wait for the supposed new stuff, or just order and not worry about it.

- Dave

Hello Dave,

In my opinion, the CF Lavender is more intense than Atkinson's lavender cologne, which I also have. The CF Lavender balm smells just as rich as the CF lavender cream.

CF has been promising a lavender EDT for over a year now, and still nothing on the radar screen.

Yes, a little of the balm goes a long way. It goes on very smooth and dries silky smooth.

I would buy now and not wait for any new formulations. You might be waiting a long time given CF's mode of operation.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

Richard, I just ordered the Lavender Balm from The Gentleman's Shop ...

I think this will be very close to what I've been looking for. I'm hard to please when it comes to after shave treatments. After trying so many, one thing I definately know, I do much better with a lightweight product. I'm finding that I tend to be more on the oily side -so I don't want to aggrivate that by using something that's heavy and greasy. The CF balm seems like it would be light to medium weight .... hopefully without the greasiness.

Can't wait to get a whiff of that Lavender :smile:

How would you rate the Lavender scent in this balm? ** Note - I've never smelled their shave cream. I know you mentioned that this Lavender is even stronger than the Atkinson's Lavender scent .... which is interesting because I find the Atkinson's to be pretty kick butt on Lavender intensity. I can only imagine what I'm in for with the CF Balm :)

Hello Dave,

I find the CF lavender balm scent pleasantly intense. No mistaking it for anything else that's for sure.

If I am planning a lavender day, for the morning shave: CF lavender shave cream, Thayers lavender toner, Atkinson's lavender EDT. Evening shower: EO lavender shower gel and shampoo, CF lavender balm for moisturizing, WoW Lavender talc and either EO lavender body lotion or Floris lavender body lotion or both :).

I am sure you will like the CF lavender balm. If not, it will go fast on the selling forum.

Enjoy the lavender experience.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

.. and when you pick it up below cost, it is even better! I just got my CF lavender set up today and it smells wonderful.

I've had a bottle of CF Lime ASB for close to two years and it is still half full. I use it in my rotation about once a week. And no, I do not find it to be greasy. Along with AOS Unscented ASB, these are my two favorites.

My best to everybody.

PJR

I've tried the lime and really liked it, I can only imagine the lavender to be better since I'm obsessed with lavender

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please give me the list of ingredients of CF aftershave balms. I can't find this information on the net and I would like to know what's in it before spending a lot of money on 1 balm ?

Thanks in advance

Top Bottom