What's new

Cassoulet Day!

Well, technically we're eating it tomorrow night but today was the build and cook and tomorrow is a reheat. Because everyone knows that a casserole is always better the second day :biggrin1:

The recipe was loosely based off the recipe in Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook.

First photo is the second layer of beans and meat during the build. I like a higher meat to bean ratio than most recipes call for and I like to take the meat off the duck legs. I will include the duck skin by adding it to the layers for cooking. The second photo is after it came out of the oven and cooling before moving to the fridge (The bread crumbs are not part of the original recipe but it really makes for a nice crust).
$P1030346.jpg
$P1030347.jpg

Very nice - looks amazing! I like the bread crumbs. I love Cassoulet but we only do it about once a year because of the time and calories involved.

we only do it about once a year because of the time and calories involved.

I usually do it, or a version of it once a year. I typically only go all out with duck confit every couple years. When not duck, i'll do basically same recipe but use pork temple meat in place of the duck.

My portion got lost in the mail.

The mail man did knock last week with what was left of the package. He said apparently some Coyotes got into the back of the post office and wrecked a bunch of the mail; my shipment to you included. Funny, he smelled oddly of sausage, duck and white beans.

Cinco de Mayo will bring Santa Fe style Pork Carnitas Enchiladas to our house, i'll see about getting some of those out to you :)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The mail man did knock last week with what was left of the package. He said apparently some Coyotes got into the back of the post office and wrecked a bunch of the mail; my shipment to you included. Funny, he smelled oddly of sausage, duck and white beans.

Cinco de Mayo will bring Santa Fe style Pork Carnitas Enchiladas to our house, i'll see about getting some of those out to you :)

Cinco de Mayo? Crap! I picked a bad month to go vegetarian. :mad3:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

The postman always rings twice

Top Bottom