What's new

Casio seen as cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have greatly abused my G Shock for the past 6 years working in a warehouse to the point of only seeing the "k" in G Shock. The crystal is unscrached and it keeps perfect time, it functions as it did when new. I have yet to replace the battery or the band. I would buy another without hesitation. I do not think of it as cheap, I think of it as reliable.

I'd very nearly decided to pull the trigger on a $1,400 Oris the other day when I thought "why bother?" I will definitely be getting another 5600 series though. :thumbup1:

$14568101_10211369907943619_1693078943941116423_n.jpg

Casio Marlin Diver. 200 M water resistance, solid stainless steel case, Citizen/Miyota quartz movement. Best and toughest budget dive watch on the planet and it has quite a cult following.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I just saw this thread. A watch is a tool, and Casio makes a good one. Maybe not fancy, but it does the job.

I split time between two watches - a G-shock and an Omega Seamaster. G-shock is my beater watch, Omega for daily wear. Also a Maurice Lacroix for dress. The Casio has never bothered me. Does its job and does it well. I don't think it looks too cheap to make people take notice. I wear the seamaster because my dad wore one, so it always reminds me of him. I have his old one too.

Wow, so many long gone members in this 6 year old thread, I'm getting misty eyed. I am also wearing a $35.00 Casio as it just so happens.:laugh:

Although G-Shocks are very well made and some are quite expensive, to me they still look like a cheap watch.
I have a Casio steel cased digital that my parents bought me in 1979. It's still going strong.

I carry this Casio G-Shock, Solar Battery, Radio Auto-set, as a tough backup during my travels. I wear it at night, sleeping, and use the alarms.

$AWGM100B-1A_large.jpg

You can become a reverse snob by wearing a Casio. The husband of a friend works for a major investment bank. And he is a Bespoke Clothes Horse. He is on the level that he should be wearing a gold Rolex Daytona or an IWC. Yet he wears A G-Shock. Just to show he does not care about watches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom