What's new

Cased Gold Fat Handled Tech

Just picked up this lovely cased razor. It's in mint condition and the case is in very good to excellent condition. There are some little paint spatters on the bottom. One blue blade still in the box. What would be a good price for this? It's too nice to go anywhere but to another B&B member.

Mr. Sparks,

That is a great looking razor! It will make for a great shaver! Congratulations on the find!

DL

No, what you have is a third-quarter 1946 blade, which means the set is probably from around that time as well.

I checked the Wiki and could see that, if you counted back from the first listed razor date code "V", 1946 would indeed be "R". So were date codes in use on blades before they started using them on razors? Also, when did they start using date codes on blades?

I checked the Wiki and could see that, if you counted back from the first listed razor date code "V", 1946 would indeed be "R". So were date codes in use on blades before they started using them on razors? Also, when did they start using date codes on blades?

They start 1930 with A1:

proxy.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture, Achim. :smile:
This is a helpful page, though not 100% accurate. To my knowledge, the codes began on razors in 1951 with W-1, although I hear some talk about some 1950 V date-coded razors. The razors used the same coding system that had already been in use for twenty years on the blades.

Last edited:
Top Bottom