What's new

Cased E4 Fatboy Blade Pack?

Found a nice cased E4 Fatboy today without the blade pack. Which blade pack is correct, the blue/white or solid blue? I see both in photos when Googling 1959 Fatboys.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Seems that 1959 was a year of changeover, at least per Mr. Razor (thanks as always to Achim's expertise). See the blades for 1959 here Rasierklingen auf www.mr-razor.com - http://mr-razor.com/Rasierklingen/Rasierklingen.htm - looks like by your E4 date it would have been the Blue & White dispenser with Super Blues .. my own E1 has the earlier, solid blue blade dispenser & the instructions found with it picture the earlier type blade case. That said, sometime the razor, blade case & instructions have gotten separated then reassembled over the decades .. and I'm not sure the date codes on the blades necessarily would always match the razors, those being manufactured separately of course ..

1959 (E3) Dispenser 6 Super Blue Blades.jpg

I would say the blue-white dispenser would be the right choice.

Going semi-OT:
Those 6-blades dispenser are very difficult to find when 10-blades dispensers are very common. How wrong would it be to use a 5 or 10 dispenser to complete a set? I mean, that wouldn't be the correct dispenser, still those would be the right blades.
I'm asking because I gave up looking for 2, 6 or 15 blades dispensers.

I would say the blue-white dispenser would be the right choice.

Going semi-OT:
Those 6-blades dispenser are very difficult to find when 10-blades dispensers are very common. How wrong would it be to use a 5 or 10 dispenser to complete a set? I mean, that wouldn't be the correct dispenser, still those would be the right blades.
I'm asking because I gave up looking for 2, 6 or 15 blades dispensers.

My opinion is that you can always make the set look right but keep on eye out for the item that will make the set exactly right. I don't dwell on it enough maybe, it's not as if I am creating a NOS set by having the exact right blade pack (but still nice if I could).

-jim

nice! That is a sweet set.

Anybody know how those fat boys were sold? Did they sell them like above, in a blister pack or have some sort of seal on them?

20201205_224052.jpg20201205_224045 (1).jpg

-jim

Last edited:
Top Bottom