What's new

Cartridge vs injector razors

If you want them even cheaper injectors buy them from Connaught shaving UK, You get 20 Personna injector blades per magazine and personally I like them just as much as the Schick blades. The Schick blades that come in a pack of 7 are sharp and smooth but are not as sharp as the Personna's, When you get a very sharp blade like the Personna injector blade you give up a little smoothness but they have excellent longevity and are smooth in the milder Schick injector razors IMO.The more you use a Personna injector blade the smoother they become also. The Personna injector magazine is made of plastic and aluminum and are not the best out there but they take a little more fidgeting but are doable.
With US dollar strong the cost are very good even with shipping.

The Personnas just don't work well for me; I have much better results with Schicks. As for the keyless Personna magazines that some vendors sell, you can use an empty Schick magazine and reload it with Personnas to enable smoother loading of the razor.

Injector blades are a lot more expensive than carts.
What are you talking about? Most cart razor shavers are using fusion carts that run almost five bucks apiece and only last for about seven shaves.
Injector blades are much more cost effective.

What are you talking about? Most cart razor shavers are using fusion carts that run almost five bucks apiece and only last for about seven shaves.
Injector blades are much more cost effective.
Do you compare yourself with a consumer buying Gillette carts at Walmart or to a DE shaver buying 1000 Feathers in bulk? I am not a Walmart consumer.

20200619_152030.jpg

Even at those prices rhe injector is at least as cheap as those carts. Those crappy cartridges might yield five shaves for me, if I stretch them beyind the point of comfort. But I can easily get ten good shaves and probably more out of each of those injector blades.
Also, a lot of cart razor shavers are not using those cheap carts, but rather are using Fusion Flexball monstosities that cost about five bucks apiece.

Even at those prices rhe injector is at least as cheap as those carts. Those crappy cartridges might yield five shaves for me, if I stretch them beyind the point of comfort. But I can easily get ten good shaves and probably more out of each of those injector blades.
Also, a lot of cart razor shavers are not using those cheap carts, but rather are using Fusion Flexball monstosities that cost about five bucks apiece.
The fact is carts are cheaper. Just imagine living in a country where you have to import injector blades and pay custom duty. People should not be so insular...

The fact is carts are cheaper. Just imagine living in a country where you have to import injector blades and pay custom duty. People should not be so insular...
It appears as if we are goong to have to agree tl disagree. I can't speak for everyone in planet earth, but I can speak for me. I would grow a beard before I would shave with those God-awful disposable cartridges you pictured, so for me to use cartridges, it would cost more than shaving with an injector.
It's really neither here nor there, because I don't shave with cartridge razors and I don't shave with injectors, either. What the heck do I care? I'm through with this discussion. If cartridges are cheaper where you live, or if you prefer to shave with cheap disposable cartridge razors, have at it and enjoy. I will stick with my shavette, which is actually cheaper than either option, because I get over a month of shaves from a single AC blade. Works for me.

It appears as if we are goong to have to agree tl disagree. I can't speak for everyone in planet earth, but I can speak for me. I would grow a beard before I would shave with those God-awful disposable cartridges you pictured, so for me to use cartridges, it would cost more than shaving with an injector.
It's really neither here nor there, because I don't shave with cartridge razors and I don't shave with injectors, either. What the heck do I care? I'm through with this discussion. If cartridges are cheaper where you live, or if you prefer to shave with cheap disposable cartridge razors, have at it and enjoy. I will stick with my shavette, which is actually cheaper than either option, because I get over a month of shaves from a single AC blade. Works for me.
I have posted on a thread regarding injector razors as I collect them. I have injectors that if you entered the name of the injector only my photos and threads would appear. I have Feathers, more than one, Tondeos, British Pal Executives, I have Schicks that do not appear on Applebys list. I also collect carts too. I have every AC or clone razor except one...

I have posted on a thread regarding injector razors as I collect them. I have injectors that if you entered the name of the injector only my photos and threads would appear. I have Feathers, more than one, Tondeos, British Pal Executives, I have Schicks that do not appear on Applebys list. I also collect carts too. I have every AC or clone razor except one...
MUeQeEQaDCjE4.gif

To my mind, the injector razor pioneered by Schick was the inspiration for the cartridge razor. Injector razors are lightweight and allow for easy blade changing without ever touching the blade. The heads are even smaller than the current crop of cartridges so they allow for easy trimming around beards and moustaches. So why didn't injector razors become more popular than they did? (I don't know the answer to that unless it was just poor marketing - or being outmarketed by Gillette with their mailing of free cartridge razors).

I just bought a Schick adjustable injector razor which came with some extra blades. I've only used it once, and have to play around with the adjustments to find the optimum setting for me. I enjoyed the shave and found it much easier to trim around my beard and mustache. Even though I prefer a heavier DE razor to a lightweight one, the light weight of the injector seemed to suit it well and I had no problem with it. I received both Schick and Personna blades with it and the one installed was brand new, Not sure which brand it was. You are limited in the number of suppliers on injector blades vs DE blades and some cartridges, but that may end up being an advantage (I have too many DE blades of different manufacturers that I've collected over the years because I thought I'd try a new brand). At the low setting, the injector shaves as if there weren't a blade in it, yet it cuts. At 5, you know that it's cutting closer. Not sure where I will end up but I suspect I won't go any more aggressive than 5.

So all of you who have returned to cartridge razors (or never left them), did you consider an injector razor? If not, why not?
I have two adjustable Schick injectors, one is golden and came like new, the other is silver and was dirty. The 2nd one feels as if something is loose. Anyway, both of these, I really cannot tell much difference between settings....use them at 7. Now today I cleaned 4 other type of injectors and am looking forward to trying at least one tomorrow (non adjustable) and different cool handles....

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have two adjustable Schick injectors, one is golden and came like new, the other is silver and was dirty. The 2nd one feels as if something is loose. Anyway, both of these, I really cannot tell much difference between settings....use them at 7. Now today I cleaned 4 other type of injectors and am looking forward to trying at least one tomorrow (non adjustable) and different cool handles....
If you want to know more about Schick injectors there are a few references.
There are others here that have a lot of good collections of Schick injectors that have & used them.

Injector blades are a lot more expensive than carts.

Connaught Shaving Personna injector blades - check it out. But I agree that injector blades are overpriced. Too small a market, I guess. That was not an issue when I bought my first injector back about 1970.

Is a disposable a cart? I would say no, that a cartridge is a replaceable head.

Last edited:
Connaught Shaving Personna injector blades - check it out. But I agree that injector blades are overpriced. Too small a market, I guess. That was not an issue when I bought my first injector back about 1970.

Is a disposable a cart? I would say no, that a cartridge is a replaceable head.
Well most modern disposables are carts, you just remove the head from the Quattro, Mach 3, Fusion etc. Are disposables that you can't remove the head from carts? I would say no, but I was being pedantic and since I see the following words and no longer comment - " I have shaved for 20 years with carts and shaving gel, but have now switched to wet shaving", I think I can get away with fixed disposables being carts to prove a point.
I am aware of Connaught, and have the blades. I am sure it's mentioned above.

Injectors are fine.
Still in Europe their blades cost a fortune (you can only order them overseas and shipping and tax increase their price by 500%)
So they are a no go for me.

Injectors are fine.
Still in Europe their blades cost a fortune (you can only order them overseas and shipping and tax increase their price by 500%)
So they are a no go for me.
When our American shaving enthusiasts friends have to pay $25.00 plus tariffs on injector blades they might understand.

Well most modern disposables are carts, you just remove the head from the Quattro, Mach 3, Fusion etc. Are disposables that you can't remove the head from carts? I would say no, but I was being pedantic and since I see the following words and no longer comment - " I have shaved for 20 years with carts and shaving gel, but have now switched to wet shaving", I think I can get away with fixed disposables being carts to prove a point.
I am aware of Connaught, and have the blades. I am sure it's mentioned above.

I went back and read more of your posts in this thread. Sorry I missed your Connaught reference. Now I have to seek out your pics of the more obscure injectors! Reading B&B is both expensive and a lot of work. But not taxed as heavily here as in Europe. Getting the VAT removed helps with commerce going this direction.

On disposables, I used to use them as travel razors, never seeking a close shave. At that standard, the shave never changed much. I would just use one until I lost it. Probably my least expensive shaves ever.

I went back and read more of your posts in this thread. Sorry I missed your Connaught reference. Now I have to seek out your pics of the more obscure injectors! Reading B&B is both expensive and a lot of work. But not taxed as heavily here as in Europe. Getting the VAT removed helps with commerce going this direction.

On disposables, I used to use them as travel razors, never seeking a close shave. At that standard, the shave never changed much. I would just use one until I lost it. Probably my least expensive shaves ever.
Pretty in Pink

20180519_043903.jpg

Top Bottom