What's new

Cartridge to R41 to Cut-Throat

Shave 691 and about 20-30 on the film edged Henckels Friodur, lathered with Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet shave cream and black Yaqi Silvertip.
The Penhaligon’s is really thick and creamy with a great scent with lasts after the shave and rinse and even returns after the aftershave has worn off. It was a present so a bit more expensive than I would buy for myself and is definitely a great performer.
The Henckels left a few nicks on me today so I think I’ll give it a touch up on the hone. I usually hone it on film but with the great slate edges I’ve been getting I’m going to try it on that. I’ve run out of Proraso Green so am on the lookout for a pretty scentless aftershave to replace it. Last time I replaced it with Fine Snakebite but that stuff is crazy, burning hot then it plunges down down down to freezing cold, on a cold morning it even chills the hands.

Shave 693 and about 10 on the slate edged ELSINE with Taylor’s Jermyn st cream and black Yaqi Silvertip.
Razor is still nice and sharp and smooth but I noticed a few areas not quite as close as normal so it’s back to the stone for a touch up. I found a stone in the river when fishing and id intended to try in on my Gold Dollar A. But I shaved with it yesterday and the edge is so nice that I didn’t want to change it. I got this edge ages ago with only about 10 laps on a Naniwa 12 k. I don’t know how I did it but the edge was sharper and smoother by miles than any other Naniwa edge I’ve done before or since and it’s still going super strong after more than 20 shaves. Anyway I’m now going to hone the ELSINE on the found stone and see how It compares to today.

Top Bottom