What's new

cartridge razor?

you shave your head do you find it easier to shave with a cartridge razor than a safety razor? not trolling. im just generally curious. had very bad times trying toshave my head with a safety razor
face shaving is fined with de but head, not so much

you shave your head do you find it easier to shave with a cartridge razor than a safety razor? not trolling. im just generally curious. had very bad times trying toshave my head with a safety razor
face shaving is fined with de but head, not so much
I can see where a cartridge would be easier, but you can do it with a DE razor, it’s just an acquired skill.

Notes from my own head shaving experience: I used cartridge razors for years before discovering DE razors. Cartridges are still the easiest to use. The only disadvantage to cartridges is the expense. If it works best for you, no shame in that. The odd shapes and curves on the head make DE head shaving much much more difficult. I could not get acceptable results with my Merkur 34C. And I cannot use the Merkur Progress on the head without drawing blood.

I bought a Henson razor and found it to be awesome on the dome. It was the first razor to give me a BBS feeling on the back fringe of my head. Even the Gillette Fusion could not do that. The Henson is still my favorite head shaving razor. I upgraded to a medium because it works much better on my head. My face requires milder razors, but I get better results on the head with more aggressive/efficient razors. I recently discovered that the Muhle R41 is great on my head; it provides me with a better closer shave, but the Henson is much more forgiving and requires less concentration.

Other head shavers like the Leaf. I have no experience with that one.

I use a cart to shave my head. Previously, I used the same DE razor on my head that I was using on my face and neck. However, a shoulder injury made me shift to a cartridge. I shave my head every day and get about 20 shaves with a cart.

I now use more DE but admit cart is easier (max 3 blades, optimum 2 blades), you can do it quicker. Some carts are criminal against or across the grain.... Use it , rinse it well and dry it. They last long. And there is a Gillette guard....that is a pivoting one blade thing from India....a bit more aggressive than most carts....it's good (just need to go slower).

Top Bottom